What's new

good router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sawman5

New Around Here
Hi,

My D link router died and I need a new router.

My house is 1 story but large (2500-3000 sq ft). We have a 3 phones (wireless N), PS 3 (I think it only has G), and a laptop.

I was wondering if I can get a good cheap router that will provide good range and connectivity.

Thanks

Today I shopped on a budget...had to get a quick replacement router for my home, as my wrt150n died....so one of my older G routers is in place for a while

Cruised Newegg...they have some factory refurbished e3000 models for 69 bucks. So I snagged one.
If I were to shop brand new with a fatter wallet, I'd probably get an e2500 or a 4200 model.

I have a 3 story 3,600 sq ft house, keep my network equipment in the finished basement...a single router provides coverage just fine for me...my old G routers and my 150n did just fine, I'm sure the e3000 will too. Should arrive by Friday. It was one of Linksys's better models not long ago.

Any thoughts on the belkin N150, they have that available at local store. I can go buy something else from online?

Thanks again

Must say I'm very pleased with the e3000..arrived yesterday, reorganized my network soon as I got home. Even powered down my linux firewall and put the e3000 as my router/AP. (usually I hang it off the inside of my network just as an AP).

Fast...fast fast. Blows the doors off of my previous wrt150n running dd-wrt which I was already pleased with. Had 3 of us upstairs on our laptops running youtube videos at the same time...not a single stutter.

And upstairs on the 3rd floor...I was still connecting at...79 megs I think it was. (e3000 located in my finished basement)

Glad you like it, Stonecat. I'd expect it to be much faster than the single-stream WRT150N.