What's new

CakeQOS GT-AX11000 with 1.5gbit symmetrical fibre internet and QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dusan78

New Around Here
Hello,

I am searching for some answers regarding using cake QoS on a Fibre 1.5gbit symmetrical connection which I just got. I am using a AX11000 router. Without it I am getting 1gbit download and 1.4gbit upload using the speedtest on the merlin router GUI. Running the test on multiple devices I can pretty much get 1.3-1.5gbit bandwidth combined. However my issue was testing the waveform bufferbloat adds latency under load and I get B or worse grade at the moment.

Enabling cake QoS reduces my speeds all the way down to 500 upload and download and whats worse is that if I run tests on multiple devices, I am getting 500mbit max combined so on two devices the speed would split to 250mbit each and so on. However, the bufferbloat is now much better at A or A+.

This mirrors someone elses experience on this forum but, I also read someone else getting 1gbit with it enabled. So is this something I am not setting correctly or is the limit of cake really at 500mbit and with faster connections should be disabled or other QoS service used. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as to how to get best latency as well as bandwidth possible for my setup.

Thank you!

Hello,

I am searching for some answers regarding using cake QoS on a Fibre 1.5gbit symmetrical connection which I just got. I am using a AX11000 router. Without it I am getting 1gbit download and 1.4gbit upload using the speedtest on the merlin router GUI. Running the test on multiple devices I can pretty much get 1.3-1.5gbit bandwidth combined. However my issue was testing the waveform bufferbloat adds latency under load and I get B or worse grade at the moment.

Enabling cake QoS reduces my speeds all the way down to 500 upload and download and whats worse is that if I run tests on multiple devices, I am getting 500mbit max combined so on two devices the speed would split to 250mbit each and so on. However, the bufferbloat is now much better at A or A+.

This mirrors someone elses experience on this forum but, I also read someone else getting 1gbit with it enabled. So is this something I am not setting correctly or is the limit of cake really at 500mbit and with faster connections should be disabled or other QoS service used. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as to how to get best latency as well as bandwidth possible for my setup.

Thank you!
IMO, Cake is not necessary for 1.5 Gbps symmetrical connection. Consumer routers cannot handle the processing overhead.