What's new

GT-AX6000 and OpenVPN issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Michael James

Occasional Visitor
Hello all. I upgraded the GT-AX6000 to the newest firmware this week. Everything was working ok and then the OpenVPN just stopped connecting.
I did the upgrade thru the GUI interface.
I did not reboot after the firmware upgrade.
I did not restore previous settings.
The log is showing the right WAN IP address.
I tested the DDNS address using Port Forward and it connects to my camera server so I know the DDNS is correct.

So my question is this..

*****when you do a firmware update, do you have to go back in and setup OpenVPN from scratch?*****

I had an issue with the VPN also, after a factory reset it seems to have fixed it. My issue was with Wireguard.

Hello all. I upgraded the GT-AX6000 to the newest firmware this week. Everything was working ok and then the OpenVPN just stopped connecting.
I did the upgrade thru the GUI interface.
I did not reboot after the firmware upgrade.
I did not restore previous settings.
The log is showing the right WAN IP address.
I tested the DDNS address using Port Forward and it connects to my camera server so I know the DDNS is correct.

So my question is this..

*****when you do a firmware update, do you have to go back in and setup OpenVPN from scratch?*****
Nope. Open VPN should work just like it worked before..... I have ZERO problems with OpenVPN after the firmware upgrade. REBOOT your router....! Shut it off manually from the ON/OFF switch and let it reboot.. You should be OK ;)

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!