What's new

GT-AX6000 power supply

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ok, you go ahead and confuse people some more then.

Got it... let me fix this for whoever got confused:

Buy power supplies direct from Asus only, preferably ROG branded, the more expensive the better. They are all handmade in Switzerland by Patek Philippe for the best voltage in the World. The unheard of xinese company written on the label is just a reseller for Asia region, disregard. 🤭

This thread was answered ages ago, and is rapidly now. turning into trolling. Who's gonna be the bigger man and walk away from this?

Got it... let me fix this for whoever got confused:

Buy power supplies direct from Asus only, preferably ROG branded, the more expensive the better. They are all handmade in Switzerland by Patek Philippe for the best voltage in the World. The unheard of xinese company written on the label is just a reseller for Asia region, disregard. 🤭

The question is how do you differentiate between quality xinese and junk xinese?

I bought a 2 pack of phone chargers from Amazon US (a few years ago) and they sparked whenever you plugged a cable in, one burned out quickly and I stopped using the other.

Price is not indicative of quality and you can be led astray easily when money is involved. Anyone can write my product is the best and charge whatever profit they are looking for.

How do you shop for quality at a fair price?

The question is how do you differentiate between quality xinese and junk xinese?

I bought a 2 pack of phone chargers from Amazon US (a few years ago) and they sparked whenever you plugged a cable in, one burned out quickly and I stopped using the other.

Price is not indicative of quality and you can be led astray easily when money is involved. Anyone can write my product is the best and charge whatever profit they are looking for.

When it comes to power products, at least if you live in the US, check the UL listing for one.
Also try to buy from known brands, not some random company out of Shenzhen or Guangdong or whatever.
Ideally from a non xinese brand/manufacturer, even if the thing is likely to be made there.

Straight answer - you can't be sure where the device is coming from regardless of brand name on the sticker and the price you paid for it. The same applies to quality of the product. Over 90% come from unknown Chinese factories as generic products and are branded according to needs. Many are illegally sold as branded, including on Amazon, Alibaba, etc. major online retailers.

Just stick to a brand you know, present for years and offering warranty. I personally buy Anker products for few years and all work well. Chinese company from Shenzhen, but this means nothing.

You can find your Asus, Lenovo, HP, etc. device powered by Chicony China power supply officially made for Asus, Lenovo, HP, etc. with different part numbers (as per label), but in fact exactly the same generic power supply from their manufacturing catalogue. The company is headquartered in Taiwan, if it makes you feel better, products made in China in one of the many unknown electronics factories.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!