What's new

GT-AX6000 | "WiFi Radar" feature has been removed in 5-22-24 firmware update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It's possible that the batch might need adjusting based on your regional settings (some backward countries like the US put the month ahead of the day, for example). Or that the date separators are different.
Lol, yes looking at the 'speech' from trump it's becoming a backward country indeed...
About that date, if you change it yourself on your system, you don't need that batch.
No problem with regional settings then also.
Just change it back to normal when your done with looking at your neighbors wifi:)

When I'm using Windows (when I'm doing Client work) I use https://lizardsystems.com/wi-fi-scanner/

wi-fi-scanner.png

It's one of the few that shows 160mHz channel width (this is Lizard's image; I don't have my Windows machine handy right now, but I can confirm it shows the correct channel width).

On Linux, there's LinSSID, but that doesn't seem to recognize 160mHz channel width, so I use wavemon from the CLI.

If anyone has a graphical Linux app that recognizes 160mHz channels, please post.

It's possible that the batch might need adjusting based on your regional settings (some backward countries like the US put the month ahead of the day, for example). Or that the date separators are different.
Yeah, I had to change the format of the date command to match the UK's.

Hmm.... I'm struggling to get this to work.

The system date changes (normal format dd/mm/yyyy) just fine if I use the batch file (yes, as admin), but I always get the CMD screen asking for another date (in dd-mm-yy format).
I've tried dd-mm-yy and dd-mm-yyyy and dd/mm/yy and none of them work. I even tried mm/dd/yyyy and mm-dd-yyyy ; no go. "just ... loading"

Oddly the internet stops as well...

Attachments

• WinFi_Shot.jpg
    WinFi_Shot.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Loading.jpg
    Loading.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I've tried dd-mm-yy and dd-mm-yyyy and dd/mm/yy and none of them work. I even tried mm/dd/yyyy and mm-dd-yyyy ; no go. "just ... loading"
You will have to experiment manually with the date command to figure out the exact formatting used by your locale. Unfortunately Windows does not seem to standardize it the same way the Linux date command would.

Just change it back to normal when your done with looking at your neighbors wifi
It's actually just needed as you launch the program. After a few seconds you can revert the date, so it does not break any SSL connection the rest of your computer might try to establish (and would fail due to being outside of the valid certificate date ranges).

On my US Win 11 system I had to change these to have it work:
for /f "tokens=2" %%a in ('date /t') do SET ct=%%a
DATE 02/08/2021

Came here looking for answers as I too have used this program in the past. However, I recently found the newest version of 2.0.0.224 on Helge's GitHub posted *last week*! I can absolutely confirm this is 100% working perfectly!
At fiirst glance

This newer version, shows 6Mhz support and didn't need the work/batch file around for the date.
But can't say for sure as there is no 6Mhz nearby or so it seems.
But did need to run it as an admin under Win10 on my rig, not so on Win11 wife's laptop, it came right up.

At fiirst glance

This newer version, shows 6Mhz support and didn't need the work/batch file around for the date.
But can't say for sure as there is no 6Mhz nearby or so it seems.
But did need to run it as an admin under Win10 on my rig, not so on Win11 wife's laptop, it came right up.
I'm on Win10 and it run as-is (not as an admin).

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!