What's new

GT-AXE11000 vs GT-AXE16000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

freddyjuarez

Regular Contributor
So a test done from Toms Hardware on this two routers put the GT-AXE11000 to be better than the GT-AXE16000 how's is this even possible, shouldn't it be the other way around???

GT-AXE11000 4 1/2 stars and GT-AXE16000 3 stars wth... I think it had something to do with firmware, do we know if Merlin firmware has fixed it so they are both really good routers???

So a test done from Toms Hardware on this two routers put the GT-AXE11000 to be better than the GT-AXE16000 how's is this even possible, shouldn't it be the other way around???

GT-AXE11000 4 1/2 stars and GT-AXE16000 3 stars wth... I think it had something to do with firmware, do we know if Merlin firmware has fixed it so they are both really good routers???
Sometimes the "lesser" is better. Consider the RT-AC68U which many feel was the best router ever made. And many will be in use for years to come despite withdrawal of support.

Sometimes the "lesser" is better. Consider the RT-AC68U which many feel was the best router ever made. And many will be in use for years to come despite withdrawal of support.
Hey that is a good freaking router but then what about going for the RT-AX86U Pro??? I didn't read details is it better?

How about the GT-AX6000 does it beat both of them?? Men picking a router is hard lol btw I have to consider something my nephew is a pc gamer so there's that....

Something to mention my ISP is Spectrum 500 mbps plan highest plan they have is 1 gig

Don't buy GT-AXE11000 in mid-2024. It's a 2020 model router based on older hardware with no Asuswrt 5.0 support.

I mean it's an older model based on phased out hardware. Merlin firmware will never move above Asuswrt 4.0 for it. You are not getting Guest Network Pro nor VLAN support from Asuswrt 5.0 features. Once this router ends on Asus EoL list there will be no more GPL for Merlin. Buying 4-years old model already replaced by others means you are getting shorter support. And this router is not cheap. You decide what to do.

I mean it's an older model based on phased out hardware. Merlin firmware will never move above Asuswrt 4.0 for it. You are not getting Guest Network Pro nor VLAN support from Asuswrt 5.0 features. Once this router ends on Asus EoL list there will be no more GPL for Merlin. Buying 4-years old model already replaced by others means you are getting shorter support. And this router is not cheap. You decide what to do.
What's your take on the RT-AX86U Pro

The cheapest compact size Asuswrt 5.0 compatible model. The starting point if you want newer firmware and longer support.
I went for it the asus rt-ax86u pro I'm happy I've watched many videos and reviews on website and every single video and website they all have said good things about it

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!