What's new

GT BE98 or GT BE98 pro Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

EC225

New Around Here
Please be kind I am new to this.I have a GT BE98 router but it is showing the 6ghz 320 band and is also showing on a wifi scanner. I was told that this could not be possible in europe which is where I live.
I am not a fan of Asus base firmware and would like to know if i can use the GT BE98 Pro firmware from Merlin.

Please be kind I am new to this.I have a GT BE98 router but it is showing the 6ghz 320 band and is also showing on a wifi scanner. I was told that this could not be possible in europe which is where I live.
Ssh! Don't want the WiFi police knocking on your door. Did you buy the router from a European country?

I am not a fan of Asus base firmware and would like to know if i can use the GT BE98 Pro firmware from Merlin
The BE98 router is not yet supported by Merlin or the Gnuton branch, but wait a while, as the Pro version is not available in Europe I do expect something to happen. Months or years, I don't know.
As far as I know.

Last edited:
This is the Spec. Ultra-fast WiFi 7 (802.11be) with new 320 MHz channels in the 6 GHz band and 4096-QAM significantly increases network capacity and throughput, with speeds up to 25 Gb/ s

Gnuton has already realised his version of Merlin firmware for the BE-98 as I have been using it for roughly 1 month and seems stable . What do you mean about 320 not been supported? I also have been using this in the UK

Ssh! Don't want the WiFi police knocking on your door. Did you buy the router from a European country?

The BE98 router is not yet supported by Merlin or the Gnuton branch, but wait a while, as the Pro version is not available in Europe I do expect something to happen. Months or years, I don't know.

The GT-BE98 is supported by Gnuton FW:

Its a difficult topic to research but the results I got were it has not been approved in Europe for the 320hz bandwidth, but remeber i did say i was new to this.

Asuswrt-Merlin won't change anything regarding wifi frequencies or channels.

Lower 6 GHz range is legal in Europe. Take a BE98 Pro to Europe and the upper/middle 6 GHz range is not. (The BE98 Pro has 6 GHz-1 and 6 GHz-2 representative of these).

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!