What's new

GT-BE98 Pro Hardware Revisions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hadesflames

Occasional Visitor
I think based on what I could find, the latest hardware revision for the BE98 Pro is v2.7 which was filed a few months ago. With the spec basically being finalized with final 802 EC approval having been reached in July would you guys consider the v2.7 model to be complete hardware wise and fully supporting the spec? Do we know if there are any other revisions that might come out soon? Or would people still consider this to be early adopter basically beta period?

I've been wanting to upgrade from my ancient AC86U for a while now but going to an AX router has never seemed worth it at all and I definitely don't want to buy an early hardware version of a BE router.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone can answer that question, there will always be constant revisions. Sometime just due to a supplier change of components.

I do know that v2.5 was provided to the FCC for testing in early March. Whether they were being mass produced at that time, I'm not sure. I know Amazon US is currently shipping v2.0.

How long will it take for the newer revisions to make it to market is also unknown.

Yeah I'm not really asking if 2.7 is the final revision ever, of course not. I'm more so trying make sure I get a hardware revision that is made in accordance with the finalized spec and comes after the initial basically beta tester versions. I don't think it's worth buying anything prior to v2.5 for this router for example.

Yeah I'm not really asking if 2.7 is the final revision ever, of course not. I'm more so trying make sure I get a hardware revision that is made in accordance with the finalized spec and comes after the initial basically beta tester versions. I don't think it's worth buying anything prior to v2.5 for this router for example.

There is some good informative information about adding standard power in v2.5 and v2.7 in this thread, https://www.snbforums.com/threads/standard-power-2-new-hardware-ver-for-be98-pro.91115/ by adding a barometric sensor to enable AFC in the GT_BE98 Pro.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!