What's new

GT-BE98 PRO no support for WAN aggregation?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

muski

New Around Here
I can’t get WAN aggregation working with my new GT-BE98 Pro and Arris SB8200. It used to work fine with my RT-AX89X. I’ve tried both combinations of ports—no luck. Do both ports need to be the same speed to support this? But there’s no option to set it up that way?

Last edited:
It's a requirement of link aggregation that both connections operate and the same speed (e.g. 1Gb) even if one of them is capable of operating faster. As both of the ethernet ports on the SB8200 are GbE that should not be an issue. However, I don't see anything in the specs of the GT-BE98 Pro that says it supports WAN aggregation, only LAN aggregation.

There is a setting under the LAN section. But neither of these port pair options work. I’m doing this as LAN aggregation (like the RT-AX89X). I thought WAN aggregation is for load balancing, not for achieve speeds > 1Gb?

Attachments

• IMG_1229.jpeg
    IMG_1229.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 9
There is a setting under the LAN section. But neither of these port pair options work. I’m doing this as LAN aggregation (like the RT-AX89X). I thought WAN aggregation is for load balancing, not for achieve speeds > 1Gb?
If this is for LAN aggregation why did you say you're trying to get it to work with your Arris SB8200? :confused: What is at the other end of the two ethernet connections?

Link aggregation can be used on either the LAN or WAN side. (See screenshot from ASUS docs)

My Xfinity service is >1.2Gbps. The Arris SB8200 has two 1Gb ports, which need to be combined to get speeds > 1Gbps. With my RT-AX89X I configured this on both the modem and the router, connecting one cable to the 1G WAN port and another to a 1G LAN port. It worked and I'd get speeds up to 1.4Gbps.

Just want to do the same with the GT-BE98 Pro but it won't work. Wondering if anyone else has done this successfully and what port pair they used.

Thanks,
M

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-19 at 12.49.27 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-19 at 12.49.27 PM.png
    260.7 KB · Views: 7
Link aggregation can be used on either the LAN or WAN side. (See screenshot from ASUS docs)
Yes (if supported). But they are configured in two different places in the GUI. Your original screen shot shows LAN aggregation, not WAN aggregation.

See the FAQ for WAN aggregation and the WAN > Internet Connection settings. If you don't see the option there then your router doesn't support it.

Ah, thanks. Very helpful. Looks like there's no option to configure WAN Aggregation on the GT-BE98 Pro. Hopefully they'll add it in a future firmware update.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!