What's new

GT-BE98 Pro or wait...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tennessee Jed

New Around Here
I am seriously contemplating upgrading from my Asus GT-AXE11000 to the GT-BE98 Pro. I already have a few Wifi 7 clients so I would benefit from it from that perspective.

The ONLY thing holding me back is wondering if Asus will release a new flagship Wifi 7 router later this year?

Thoughts?

At this time Asus hasn't announced any other higher end model. I don't see what more they could add since Broadcom hasn't announced any new CPU so far, beyond going with 5 radios instead of 4 (2.4, 5GHz, 5GHz, 6GHz and 6GHz). Which would make little sense IMHO, and be something above $1000 USD.

I am waitting for Asus WIFI7 with 2.4G, 5G-1, 5G-2, 6G-1. 6G-2 . all 4x4. routers. in my house setup, only 5G wireless backhual performs the best.

I just got it today and I have to say the bandwidth is massive improved but the coverage is still not so much to be honest. I thought I could use only 1 router and another router as an access point but not really I still have to stick with 3 units for my setup. The MLO is impressived but some device like Fire TV Stick 4K 2nd Gen can't connect but Fire TV Cube 3rd Gen no issue. Too bad that RT-BE88U doesn't have 6Ghz band. It would be great if it has I can replace it with RT-AX89X.

Don't wait the price won't be reduce much I have been waiting for 6 months and the price still the same. lol Even the July 4th there is no good deal for it. And I think it will be like this for another 1-2 years.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!