What's new

YazFi Guest Network not showing connected clients

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jherb

Regular Contributor
Hello,
I have an AX86u, and am using yazfi for 2 guest networks on 2.4 band (network position 2, and 3). I have two questions:
1) Although the clients are connected to the guest, they don't show up on this page (see below). Are they supposed to, or is something in my setup causing this to always be blank (like Yazfi?)
1728341762045.png

2) Sometimes, I am seeing the guest network devices (like lightbulbs) showing up on the main lan subnet with an IP address from the main lan. I thought they were supposed to be isolated as I selected all the isolation options as below (different subnet, and no communication between clients, etc). This seems to be intermittent, and if I reboot the router it seems to go away for a while. But then it comes back and I see lightbulbs on the main lan subnet.

Has anyone seen this, and have any suggestions? Thank you.

1728342244294.png

1) Although the clients are connected to the guest, they don't show up on this page (see below). Are they supposed to, or is something in my setup causing this to always be blank (like Yazfi?)

2) Sometimes, I am seeing the guest network devices (like lightbulbs) showing up on the main lan subnet with an IP address from the main lan.
For question 1, that appears normal (at least on my end when using YazFi). Look at either the YazFi GUI Page or the System Log > Wireless Log page to see the connected YazFi clients. Or use the YazFi CLI (option #2 in the CLI) to list the connected YazFi clients.

For question 2, probably best to post a screen shot of that issue so others can see what you see. If you previously connected the YazFi clients to the main LAN its possible they're pulling an address from the main LAN before the YazFi script is kicking in and the router isn't clearing the names/addresses. Personally I've never seen such behavior in my YazFi usage. But I also have my YazFi clients configured for manual IP reservations.
https://github.com/jackyaz/YazFi/wi...verse-DNS-records#a-note-on-dhcp-reservations
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/y...inc-ssid-vpn-client.45924/page-32#post-473403

Note that there is an Add-On section where typically discussion on addon scripts like YazFi would take place. Further in that addons subforum there is a dedicated YazFi discussion topic where some report their errors or issues.

PS: Also list the make/model of the IoT devices that are showing up under the main LAN and not YazFi. You may need to access those devices, instruct the devices to forget all previous WiFi connections, then reconnect them to the YazFi guest network.

Thanks a lot. Appreciate the guidance.

I will take a screenshot next time I see the devices pop up. They aren't there now.

For question 1, that appears normal (at least on my end when using YazFi). Look at either the YazFi GUI Page or the System Log > Wireless Log page to see the connected YazFi clients. Or use the YazFi CLI (option #2 in the CLI) to list the connected YazFi clients.

For question 2, probably best to post a screen shot of that issue so others can see what you see. If you previously connected the YazFi clients to the main LAN its possible they're pulling an address from the main LAN before the YazFi script is kicking in and the router isn't clearing the names/addresses. Personally I've never seen such behavior in my YazFi usage. But I also have my YazFi clients configured for manual IP reservations.
https://github.com/jackyaz/YazFi/wi...verse-DNS-records#a-note-on-dhcp-reservations
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/y...inc-ssid-vpn-client.45924/page-32#post-473403

Note that there is an Add-On section where typically discussion on addon scripts like YazFi would take place. Further in that addons subforum there is a dedicated YazFi discussion topic where some report their errors or issues.

PS: Also list the make/model of the IoT devices that are showing up under the main LAN and not YazFi. You may need to access those devices, instruct the devices to forget all previous WiFi connections, then reconnect them to the YazFi guest network.
Here, the guest devices showed up again for what its worth.

1728348564148.png

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!