What's new

Guest wireless printing on latest firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zillian69

New Around Here
I have an old Brother MFC printer connected thru usb to my AC66 router. In version 178.15 firmware, all guest wireless connected comps are able to print directly to this printer (access intranet is set to off). However, when I tries the latest firmware (220,246), guest wireless comps are no longer able to print to this printer (same no access to intranet setting) directly. Any advice is appreciated.

Make sure "Access Intranet" is set to "On" on your Guest configuration.

Rmerlin,
In firmware 178.15 I seems to have best of both worlds, no access to intranet for guests but still allow them to print. Any idea if I can have the same functionality in latest firmware without guest access to intranet?

Rmerlin,
In firmware 178.15 I seems to have best of both worlds, no access to intranet for guests but still allow them to print. Any idea if I can have the same functionality in latest firmware without guest access to intranet?

No idea, I never used the USB print server. But chances are if they could print, it also mean they could access the router's webui. So if that was truly changed with recent builds, then it seems like a security hole that was plugged.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!