What's new

Has anyone seen the Gryphon Wireless?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

f1ydave

New Around Here
I am a longtime reader of the SNB email, still haven't won a giveaway (fingers crossed).

Has anyone seen this Gryphon Wireless device? It's an interesting platform.

https://gryphonconnect.com/

I am considering investing in the company. The CEO's last invention MIFI Mobile Hotspot was purchased by Nvidia. They also developed the media chips that powered the iPod.

"Gryphon is a cloud managed network protection platform powered by AI. The platform includes a powerful wireless mesh WiFi router, cloud management application, and a smart phone app that runs on iOS and Android for easy user control.

Some Key Benefits Of The Gryphon Platform:

• Easy install (Less than 10 minutes) and super fast wireless connection up to 3Gbps
  • Whole house coverage with no dead spots (wireless mesh technology with Qualcomm's WiFi-SON)
  • Content filtering by age group with CrowdRanking™
  • Real time request and approvals for on the go management
  • Screen time management (set bedtimes and homework times)
  • 24/7 intelligent intrusion detection
  • Malware and ransomware protection for all devices on the network
  • Control popular Apps like YouTube, Instagram, and Snapchat
AI Makes It Better

The reason we are using our patent pending AI based intrusion detection is because new devices are being added to the network constantly and a static approach is inadequate. The AI learns the traffic behaviors of the devices and detects abnormal activities. Machine learning is also being applied to content filtering where we are gathering the approvals of all the parents and using that data along with other sources to build a better content filtering database. With usage and scale, the Gryphon platform gets better.

Cloud Managed

Having the cloud means that your Gryphon will always be up to date with the latest security software, content filters, and malware database. It also means that you can now securely access Gryphon from anywhere using the smart phone App.

AlwaysHome™

Your WiFi router is a powerful computing device on the edge of the network and it's the central device where all the traffic flows for all your devices in the home. What if you can use that computing power to extend your home network outside the home? That's AlwaysHome™. The first application being developed is to manage your child's smartphone even when they are on 4G or other networks and to extend the same level of malware protection as if the device is on the home network. Possibilities are endless for other services with AlwaysHome™.

The Gryphon router is available for pre-order and is not yet launched."

Investment: https://www.seedinvest.com/gryphon/seed

It looks promising. I always cringe at the use of 'MESH' since the reviews always come in mediocre at best. I can see parents buying this product. Do you guys think the 4G VPN they want to implement could be done easily with software? Other than TeamViewer, I don't know of any really easy to setup VPN (and of course teamviewers ability to punch through firewalls). For example, the At&t modems port block networks so well. I wonder if this platform could even connect through it.

Thanks,
Dave

If you understand the industry, who the players are, and where things are going...

It's really a business decision - it is unusual that they're kickstarting to get beyond the initial bootstrap. Since they're going to the crowd, sounds like they are not confident about getting seed money from more qualified investors for an initial round, and they're aiming low...

Before getting involved - it's your money, and you need some ask some serious questions to them...

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online