What's new

Have global ipv6 address but unable to access internet over ipv6

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Not entirely sure but I think I have the same issue - PPPoE on VLAN 911 but IPV6 not working. Is there any way to fix this and route IPV6 through the VLAN interface?

I think I have the same issue... Is there any way to fix this

There is no way to help you fixing an unknown issue. You have to provide more details about your setup first. What ISP and do they offer IPv6 support, what is the ISP provided device, is the ISP device in Router mode, what WAN IP private or public, etc. Perhaps your ISP have support forums with more relevant to your situation information.

Not entirely sure but I think I have the same issue - PPPoE on VLAN 911 but IPV6 not working. Is there any way to fix this and route IPV6 through the VLAN interface?
Hi, after trying asus merlin, opnsense, tp-link, fresh tomato, dd-wrt, I tried openwrt and this worked immediately out of the box abnd solved my ipv6 issue.

Same exact issues as above.

Asus RT-AX11000 Pro with most up to date merlin installation on zentro (everywhere wireless) internet.

Zentro says that IPv6 is full enabled on their end and that users should have ipv6 access. They are using a cgnat setup, but to my knowledge this shouldn't affect ipv6.

A few issues were mentioned above. What's the same exact issue?

What is your Asus router showing in IPv6 section of the WebGUI to begin with?
Sorry, I'll be more specific.

Problem: No IPv6 support when attempting IPv6 tests. I am able to access the router via it's public IPv6 address while on LAN (excuse my french, the non-fe80 link-local IPv6 address). I have a lan IPv6 prefix assigned and have attempted native and passthrough IPv6.

The isp confirmed it can see the IPv6 lease (?) for the router (only single IP) when configured in native, but not in passthrough and state that all IPv6 is working on their end.

Any time I try to use the webgui to ping ipv6.google.com I get network is unreachable, and the same issue is present with the traceroute on the router.

I also initially had the "eth0 has not yet obtained a wan ipv6 address" problem in the logs, but I no longer see that. The listed wan ip is still the private ipv4 ip address due to cgnat.

Once again, I a apologize for anything confusing above as I'm extremely new to networking.