What's new

Help - ASUS XT8 - Wrong FW flashed - Rescue not available - CFE OK

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fleckens

New Around Here
Hi all

I'm hoping someone can help me please...

I have an ASUS router that looks like someone (not me) has flashed it with an incorrect FW. The symptoms are solid white which turns to solid green and stays like that.

I've opened it up and plugged in a serial RS232 to the board and compared the output with a known good board. This confirms my suspiscion of wrong flash, see attached image for a side by side comparison.

Pressing the reset button will reset the device but not enter into rescue by holding it down, the light will not turn purple.

Long pressing WPS button press at power didn't help either, but it does get me to a CFE command prompt .

Seems like it dosen't get far enough to start the network stack and it's not visible to the PC running recovery.

If I just let it boot normally I only see these errors repeating over and over once it finished booting and settled down.

MDIO Error: MDIO got failure status on phy 24

As I have a CFE command line and can interact with it. Is it possible to upload a nand flash this way?

Thank you.

1727260162440.png

Last edited:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!