What's new

Help finding a parental wireless router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Back on topic, I think there’s still a lot of perceived power in knowing the DNS requests coming from your children’s devices. I use an Asus router with the Diversion ad-blocking script that enhances the blocking and reporting capabilities of the router. I get a weekly email with the top 10 domains requested per device. I keep it to myself, but if I were to share it my kids, they might believe I have greater super powers than I really do.

We are also an iPhone family and have the option of enabling ScreenTime for the family devices. Haven’t done that yet, but it’s another arrow in the quiver.

some people that just because they've procreated

You never know...
Since Internet written communication is a limited source of information (you don't see person's age, natural behavior, facial expressions, reactions, etc.) you have to use the tools available - your keyboard. One of the methods to get more clear picture of what is the conversation really about is to push someone a bit harder, even in a wrong direction. It works pretty well. I'm not sure we are talking about Parental Controls only here, but it could be my... issues related.

Attachments

• 20191103_174106265_iOS.png
    20191103_174106265_iOS.png
    68.6 KB · Views: 138

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!