What's new

HELP!! Problem with Cisco Valet+

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mr jeff

New Around Here
I have recently built a pc and wired it to the router. When I turn the computer on I lose my wireless on my laptop. I can see the SSID, but I can't even get access to the router. I turn the desktop off and I get perfect wireless. When the desktop is on and the wireless isn't working, I can plug the laptop in to the router and it works fine. I have a 360 wired to the router also, and it hasn't given me any problems. I've completely reset all settings on the router and updated the firmware on it. Please help!

Check the TCP/IP settings on the new PC and see if they are the same as those on the wireless laptop except for the IP address itself. Both should be in the 192.168.1.X range.

The Cisco Connect usb drive wont get passed 25% on the laptop when trying to connect that way either. I don't want to buy a new router so soon, but I don't know what else to do.

Since the problem happens when you plug in your new PC, I'd say look there for the problem. Again, perhaps it has a bad network adapter.

I understand where you're going with checking the PC, but how/why would that change anything about a router that has been working fine?

I know it doesn't make sense. But that's what the symptoms seem to indicate.
One other thing, when you plug in the PC, does the wired Xbox 360 still access the network / Internet ok/

I don't have xbox live anymore, but I would have to assume yes. When the pc and laptop are wired, they both work fine.

I don't have anything else here that can be wired to the router to test to see if the wireless will work on the laptop.

Then you'll just have to try swapping out the router. You could also try a firmware upgrade and/or resetting to factory defaults and reconfiguring.

Sorry I don't have any better ideas for you.

I have my pc and laptop wired to the router and tried connecting with my Droid X2. It can't connect either, but in the wifi list, my SSID comes and goes.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online