What's new

Help to setup two networks share internet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kadmos

New Around Here
http://i.imgur.com/OQ5GqnO.png

This is the current network. 2 and 3 are dsl routers that are nating. 1 is a router/access point that is connected to one modem. 4 is a dumb switch.
Ground floor has a repeater of access point 1.

This is the current network.All i want to to do is to create a new network that should be separated from the other.
The ubiquiti nanostation AP is the one i want to add. I want somehow to connect ubiquiti nanostation to a mikrotik router and get dhcp from there but at the same time connect to modem. The only solution i can think is double nating .Connect modem to mikrotik wan port. Is there anything else i can do ?

You can run separate parallel networks with the equipment you have but you will not be able to run 2 DHCP servers unless you physically separate the networks with separate switches or vlans.

To configure 2 separate networks just define all the devices to one network and define the rest of the devices to the other network. An example is 192.168.0.1 for one network and 192.168.1.1 for the other network. You can use one DHCP server on your physical network but it will hand out only one network of IP addresses. The other network will need to be static addresses.

You mean that i can use static IP at other subnet ? If i do this then the adsl router with nat wont be able to see the other subnet thus no internet..

With mikrotik it seems possible to define different dhcp per physical port

My understanding is you have 2 DSL connections “2 and 3 are dsl routers that are nating”. One DSL modem would be one network and the other DSL modem would be the other network so each network would feed out through its own DSL modem.

I reread the top thread and figured out you have one connection. Does the Microtek have a guest mode or support for vlans? You can create a separate network with either method.

it has vlan support .But it gets more complicated because i have to use the repeater at floor so i am out of luck. I should install another access point at floor but there is no cable

Last edited:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!