What's new

Help, What wifi antenna to use?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

isgaak

New Around Here
Hello. I'm doing some product research for my husband who has a micro,micro enterprise. He has been steered to four wifi products which he needs to choose from : PowerAP N Ultra, Unifi, PicostationM and Engenius EAP3660. His client's premises is a five storied home with a number high rise buildings in the area.

I don't know anything about the subject,so am trying to find a comparison table or similar, Alternatively a recommendation for a more suitable product to ensure internet reception on all five floors, including a kitchen.

I think there is already a router to which all the wifi antenna will be connected

Thanks. (I hope I made some sense)

Zorina Samodien

There is no wireless router or access point that you can buy that will span a five story home. You will need to use multiple access points, preferably connected via Ethernet.

There is no wireless router or access point that you can buy that will span a five story home. You will need to use multiple access points, preferably connected via Ethernet.
via Ethernet cat5, or a mix of that and HomePlug AV and/or MoCa. See the forum topic area on those technologies.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!