What's new

Help with a Sonicwall and Asus Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stokie21

New Around Here
Hi guys, I have a sonicwall located at my office which works fine, now the problem is if i am at home and go to load the web interface of my sonicwall i will enter the address such as https://ipofoffice:4443

The page then will just simply not load it stays white and the page header will show as Dell sonicwwall so it must get to the sonicwall however nothing loads

like this

Dell_1.png

i get no boxes to log in and the page times out

Now i also get the same on my iphone, a white page, yet if i disconnect from my network and use the iphone data the page loads fine, i then reconnect and i lose it again so must be a router problem

2016_02_29_20_31_17.png

back on Wifi

2016_02_29_20_33_37.png

I have the ASUS RT-N66u

any input would be great

Thanks

Have you checked the wan-> nat passthrough options?
See if its enabled for ipsec , I think thats what sonicwall uses

had another thought, Is the modem you have set for bridge mode? You can sometimes tell if its not in bridge mode by the IP address of the wan. If the wan IP is something like 192.168.x.x then its not bridged. Reason being if things are double nat then weird things can happen. Modem should be in bridge mode since you have a router

Hi,

no its not in bridge mode due to the sonicwall not being at home, its in the office at another location. I am not trying to setup a VPN just simply trying to get to the page to login

With your modem not being bridged you run into a double nat situation. While for the most part, double nat wont cause a problem , but it might with
secure type connections. Secure connections try to "backtrack", double nat interferes with that. With not knowing your exact network configuration, thats about the best advice I can offer.

Just out of curiosity , what model/brand is your modem?

Last edited:
HI, I have the ASUS RT-N66u this is nothing to do with the network and NO vpn is setup, i simply want to get to the web interface of the sonic wall

ok just plugged in another router to try, and can get to the firewall externally fine, so it is my Asus router blocking it somewhere, maybe its a HTTPS thing?