What's new

Hi, RT-ac87R 5ghz WPS re enables on reboot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Crazy_RT

Occasional Visitor
HI, like the title says I can only seem to disable WPS on 5ghz until the next reboot.

When I reboot or power cycle the router, WPS will be showing on my wifi analyzer even though the toggle on the web gui is showing off. If I cycle the toggle, WPS remains off until the next reboot.

This is my second ac87. My first one did not do this. I have upgraded and down graded firmware and it keeps doing it.

Please help me find a possible solution to this bug. ALso test yours out please

Thanks!

J

HI, like the title says I can only seem to disable WPS on 5ghz until the next reboot.

When I reboot or power cycle the router, WPS will be showing on my wifi analyzer even though the toggle on the web gui is showing off. If I cycle the toggle, WPS remains off until the next reboot.

This is my second ac87. My first one did not do this. I have upgraded and down graded firmware and it keeps doing it.

Please help me find a possible solution to this bug. ALso test yours out please

Thanks!

J
Mine has exactly the same problem.. my first set doesnt doesnt do this too...

What is the CFE/Bootloader version?

if thats is contained in the FW version its: 3.0.0.4.376_2678.

If thats not right tell me. Im a noob when it comes to routers and just want it working right.

First rt-ac87 onlt exibited this issue once, then held the setting. This one always enables WPS on the 5ghz band on reboots. Very annoying.

Thanks for the help

J

am i possibly missing a setting on the router? it sends me to a page where it asks me to reconnect

"Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh.
Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-AC87R.
To access the settings of RT-AC87R, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number."

Thanks

You must see your router IP:pORT access mode and if its using SSL or not, and change it to match your settings.

How you access your router via browser? Just add this after:

/Tools_Sysinfo.asp

Have you reset to defaults after latest FW upgrade?

If it happened (even only 1 time) on the first router it means it's something on the FW probably, i will give it a try on my AC87U and i will get back to you.

Thanks. I really appreciate the help! Dont know how many more times best buy is going to let me exchange these lol. want to try to fix it or confirm a bug before I try another one.

J

Thanks. I really appreciate the help! Dont know how many more times best buy is going to let me exchange these lol. want to try to fix it or confirm a bug before I try another one.

J

How many 87r's have you gone through, and how many were actually defective ?

How many 87r's have you gone through, and how many were actually defective ?

This is my second one. The first one actually came with a big ole scratch on the top:mad:, Couldn't accept that for the price, So i exchanged it.

Best buy is notorious for denying returns and exchanges these days. They warn you on your last allowed return .It Happened to to me with a 30$ camera bag....... cant return anything for 3 months after. And I barely buy/return from best buy
Just bought there for convenience when my old wrt54gs died :(

Last edited:
You must see your router IP:pORT access mode and if its using SSL or not, and change it to match your settings.

How you access your router via browser? Just add this after:

/Tools_Sysinfo.asp

That page doesn't exist in the stock firmware.

Also telnet doesn't exist, does it? (I know that page doesn't exist on stock FW)

What makes you think he was using ASUS FW, i thought he was using your FW, not stock.

Last edited:
Also telnet doesn't exist, does it? (I know that page doesn't exist on stock FW)

What makes you think he was using ASUS FW, i thought he was using your FW, not stock.

Since his post is in the regular AC68U forum, I always assume a stock FW unless clearly stated otherwise.

Stock FW has telnet, just not SSH.

Got it, i didn't knew that, stock FW is something i don't play with :)

Got it, i didn't knew that, stock FW is something i don't play with :)

Note that I suspect Asus will be adding SSH in the near future, as I've seen them add some SSH-related code in recent source releases.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!