What's new

High RAM usage

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wheelq

Regular Contributor
Is this normal?

I just have openvpn running, everything else is set to default. Also, when I unmount the HDD free memory is back to 'normal' - 120-180 free

wg2WHIi.png

Is this normal?
I just have openvpn running, everything else is set to default. Also, when I unmount the HDD free memory is back to 'normal' - 120-180 free
Your question hast the answer in it: HDD scanning is ongoing... :rolleyes:

scanning that lasts 24/7?

How big is your drive, what file system does it use, what files are stored and even the brand of the chipset will make a difference. Including what USB port and options you have set on the router.

2TB
ext4
about 900gb of files (between 1-2gb)
usb 3.0

what type of scanning is running?

2TB
ext4
about 900gb of files (between 1-2gb)
usb 3.0

what type of scanning is running?

DLNA cataloging, I think.

iTunes and DLNA were already OFF

Do the logs say anything when you plug in the drive?

Defaulting the config to Factory Defaults then manually re-configuring the router might be something to try, especially if you have upgraded the firmware a few times.

I had this router for over a year now, it always has been like this...but now when I wanted to copy and paste the logs I see that the memory i up to 168MB free...I have no idea what has just happened...

I had this router for over a year now, it always has been like this...but now when I wanted to copy and paste the logs I see that the memory i up to 168MB free...I have no idea what has just happened...
Most likely: Harddisk scanning finishend! :D

Don't forget that by default ext formatted drives will run e2fsck automatically after a certain number of mounts or a certain time period.

You can see the disk parameters with

tune2fs -l devicename (that's a small letter 'L' and devicename is /dev/sdx format)

after a year?:)
2-3 times a week I am using admin panel and each time free ram was: 11-20MB...for over a year. After I started this thread now it is fine :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 21.42.14.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 21.42.14.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 613
Lol, gremlins living in your router saw that you were posting here and went into hiding.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

seriously lol. it is like that since yesterday...even after 4 reboots...I have not changed anything...