What's new

GT-AX6000 - Memory Leak? Hacked?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

No, AiProtection 100% off.

If I recall correctly I read it can slow down connections (messes with Flow Cache and/or Runner).
Privacy wise I'm not concerned, I'am tracked 24/7 by my phone, apps, browser, etc, so 1 more tracking wouldn't hurt that much, but I don't want any hog slowing down my speeds (600/600).

Do you advice otherwise?
I'm not a technician guy like many others here, but if you're getting infected and re-infected with something, possibly coming from LAN devices, AI protection is meant to combat (or help combat) that sort of activity. I don't believe Flow Cache / Runner are effected by AI Protection.

No, AiProtection 100% off.

If I recall correctly I read it can slow down connections (messes with Flow Cache and/or Runner).
Privacy wise I'm not concerned, I'am tracked 24/7 by my phone, apps, browser, etc, so 1 more tracking wouldn't hurt that much, but I don't want any hog slowing down my speeds (600/600).

Do you advice otherwise?
I have the same router and the same internet speeds and AiProtection works fine and in no way slows anything down or messes with those settings.

Thanks for your inputs regarding AiProtetcion.
If it not "harmfull" regarding router/line performance, then I may give it a chance.
Privacy wise is not something that I "like"; but I can live with it.

For what I've read here in the forums, is looks like its not a much beloved feature...

Thanks once again.

I believed SSH was pretty safe, I use it mostly to check TOP (for the abnormal behaviour on the last months and previous hacks), and to check trifles like AMTM, added cronjobs, ARP table, etc.
I do also often use winSCP to check for something abnormal on scripts or ovpn (given my last hack experience).
Should I do something other way?

Well - think about this...

every service you open up on your router exposes your bastion/fortress...

1) SSH - fairly secure perhaps...
2) VPN host - could be secure, but depends on how it's configured
3) USB/Samba Host - yeah, getting warmer...

It's all about reducing the threat surface - can't hack something that isn't running...

Consider perhaps running something behind the router - could be something as simple as a RPi - OVPN/WG host can run there, along with a SSH jump in box, and SSH there is the big-boy version with OpenSSH, not dropbear... and on an RPi, you can run a much newer version of Samba with more capability and better security.

Thanks for your time SFX 👍

SFX this is it
It's all about reducing the threat surface - can't hack something that isn't running...

AiProtection enabled, as far as I can tell I don't see any noticeable speed drop (Runner and Flow Cache remained enabled)
I'm not (that) crazy, I remembered reading AiProtection was not compatible with those speed boosters (example 1 - example 2)

Those two bad processes are still "vanished", I look several times a day but no news yet.

Please, don't jump all over me, I know that unused ram is wasted ram.

this is a myth fabricated by morons in the early vista days justifying systems with 4 or less GB ram, wasted ram is having 100% attributed to pointless processes that provide no benefit or function to the device.

I'm not (that) crazy, I remembered reading AiProtection was not compatible with those speed boosters (example 1 - example 2)

it operates just fine with them.