What's new

How do you use the Hurricane Electric (what was tunnelbroker.net) DDNS function in the firmware?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SolidSonicTH

Occasional Visitor
Is there like a configuration guide for how to properly map your personal hostname to their DDNS service? It seems like this is the last free DDNS option for people with their own hostnames before I have to start paying...

There was a 2020 wiki post by RMerlin (Asus-Merlin) on how to setup IPv6 tunnelling on services like Hurricane Electric (may or may not be what you are looking for, and may or may not be out of date):

That guide still works fine today, just make sure you get the details right.

don't bother with ipv6 tunnels, at the best they are slow, at the worst they timeout.
Well I'm not even sure that was in-scope with what I was trying to do. All I wanted to do was use their ability to capture my ISP's currently assigned IPv4 address and associate it with my domain name. I just wasn't sure how to do that with HE's interface.

Apologies if I'm being obtuse. This was a lot simpler with Google's DDNS.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!