What's new

Huawei E8372 LTE stick not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ubimo

Very Senior Member
Hello
I have a Huawei E8372 LTE stick that I intend to use as a dual-WAN backup.
Unfortunately, my router does not accept the stick. When I plug in the stick, it is briefly recognized, but then the user interface (router main page) reloads, and the stick is not recognized anymore.
After a few seconds, the UI reloads, and the stick re-appears as an USB 3.0 device with the correct Huawei name.
The UI then reloads again, and the stick disappears. This cycle repeats indefinitely. I have tried both USB ports and USB 2.0 mode.
The Internet-LED on the stick is persistent, so the stick does not get disconnected from power.

The stick functions correctly on my laptop and PC.
The SIM card inside the stick is PIN-unlocked, and the stick provides an internet connection when plugged in.
I have already reset my router to factory defaults, but the problem persists.
I suspect the issue lies with the USB ports?

My setup:
AX88U, latest merlin fw
Diversion
Skynet
Connmon
SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 USB Stick (56GB)

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Looks like a couple of people have previously reported this problem. For example:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!