What's new

I think my BE98 might be dying?! (Edit: It's fine)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pdixon0

Occasional Visitor
So, I was working from home earlier when all of my WiFi connected devices suddenly went down. The BE98 was showing power but all radio LED's were unlit.

I powered it off using the switch on the back and switched it back on after about 30 seconds, it started back up and all appeared well.

However, when I do a speed test the router can not seem to transmit WiFi over 500mbs any more, on any radio, on any device. The router speed test gets 923+mbs down and 102+mbs up on multiple test runs in the router GUI.

For background, I am in the UK on Sky Ultrafast (900mbs down / 100mbs up) and I would routinely see 800+mbs on my phone and PC on 6GHz channel 69 with 320MHz channel width (there are no other 6GHz networks in my area) and also on 5GHz-2 channel 100 with 160MHz channel width (again there is no other 5GHz networks in my area on the DFS channels).

When I've watched the CPU usage for the router during a speed test, core 1 is maxing out at 99% while the download speed maxes at 500mbs download.

Anyone else seen anything like this?

I'll do a factory reset and retest when I get a chance.

It was just the fact the router died on its arse while in use - I've restored an earlier version of my settings and all is good again. Very strange, looking forward to an updated firmware...

OK, interesting thing when re-setting up MLO - I think it had been configured incorrectly previously. Now, I don't know if this was me or if it was the wizard (I suspect it was me!) but I had previously noticed that I had multiple 'Access Points' for each radio on MLO if I looked in WiFiMan.

I noticed that the MLO network was named with the same SSID as the Smart Connect network, as such I had 2 AP's for each radio, with the exception of 5GHz-1.

Now I've set it up properly (or at least I think I have!) I only have 1 AP for each of the 3 MLO frequencies (2.4GHz, 5GHz-2, 6GHz) with again a single AP for each of the Smart connect frequencies (2.4GHz, 5GHz-1, 5GHz-2, 6GHz) and then 1 AP each for my IOT network (2.4GHz, 5GHz-1).

Fingers crossed that's going to give me better stability. Maybe also a heads up for anyone else experimenting with MLO.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!