What's new

iMessage not visible

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Zurre

New Around Here
Hey people

Not sure if Im asking this at the correct place but Ill try anyway.
I have a Asus RT-AC68U running Merlins fw 380.57 and I am not able to see iMessage as an active app when looking under Bandwidth Monitor and clicking my iPhone for example.
Looking at Traffic Analyzer/Statistic/Apps/iMessage doesnt show any records either.

Im not sure if this is related to the firmware itself or if it is something with me having a new iPhone 6s since it worked fine when I used my old iPhone 5s.

Previously I could see if iMessage was active and I could also see if any messages was coming in/out kinda...

Any help why this doesnt work anymore would be much appreciated and sorry for any bad English, its not my native language.

Best regards
Zurre

Did you happen to update to iOS 9.3? That has closed some security holes in iMessage. Perhaps that has stopped you from being able to see messages coming across. Just a thought.

I've not personally experienced the STOCK firmware of this feature. However with Merlins 380.57 firmware installed using this feature for the first time, within my first few days of use of this router it exhibits some weird behaviour.

Hard to explain and not sure if I am using this feature right, but if I select a DAY to Analyse and select APPS, then choose say 'Netflix' no data, Download or Upload, is shown in graph format or in the table below. However if I choose ROUTER it shows all the different Apps and their info and lo and behold Netflix shows Data as having been logged against it on that DAY.

Another issue, 1 minute I have APPS selected and I can see a dropdown box of all the APPS to choose from, the next minute even with APPS selected it doesn't give me a drop down box of apps to use, instead the client list is there in its place? if I click router and back to apps it will then show the list of apps again. Not sure if you guys follow.

Maybe i'm just being dumb, but this statistics feature is iffy to me on the whole. Sorry to Hijack the original posters thread but you're not the only one who's not sure if this is an issue in general.

Last edited:
Did you happen to update to iOS 9.3? That has closed some security holes in iMessage. Perhaps that has stopped you from being able to see messages coming across. Just a thought.
I have updated to 9.3 in hopens to fix the problem but it is the same with previous iOS , didnt work then either.
To me it must be something with iPhone 6s since it works fine with iPhone 5s

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!