What's new

In Home Web GUI Being Blocked/Unreachable

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AZDNice

Occasional Visitor
Hello, I am trying to reach a In-home address/Web GUI but I keep getting the below errors. The only changes I have made on my Asus RT-AC3200 running Asuswrt-Merlin was Install AB-Solutions, Entware, Pixelserv-tls, and Skynet. I can see it on my Client Status listing however if I try to ping or reach it via the web GUI I get the errors below. Any assistance in this matter is appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and help!

https://i.imgur.com/tz7gh2Z.png?1
https://i.imgur.com/gKO4hvh.png?1

AZDNice

@kfp Local here. Actually it's an in home server. that I normally type in the net address in the address bar of google or firefox. Hope that answered your question.

These traffic are switched so shouldn’t matter what scripts you install or ad-blockers you have.

Though, there have been several users that reported problems for traffic between wifi and wired clients..is this your case as well?

These traffic are switched so shouldn’t matter what scripts you install or ad-blockers you have.

Though, there have been several users that reported problems for traffic between wifi and wired clients..is this your case as well?
@kfp you are correct. It is on a wireless network trying to be reached by a wired client.

@kfp From windows cmd when I ping...4 packets sent and 4 packets received, but it also said unreachable..??

@kfp From windows cmd when I ping...4 packets sent and 4 packets received, but it also said unreachable..??
Oh, I actually didn't look at your screencap too closely until now, what ping is telling you is that there is currently no route to that host.
I'm assuming the Windows machine is on wifi and the server you're trying to reach is wired?
Can you double check the IP of your Windows machine and make sure it's on the same subnet?
Do you also have guest Wifi enabled? Might want to double check your Windows machine is not accidentally connected to that?

Anytime you ping something, and get unreachable back. It indicates a routing/connectivity issue. You mentioned trying to reach a local IP, but how are you trying to reach it?

Openvpn, static route's, multiple SSIDs, remote, etc

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

@kfp it is actually the other way around. wired windows machine trying to connect to web gui of a wireless server. However, i can see them both on my client list in Asus GUI

Anytime you ping something, and get unreachable back. It indicates a routing/connectivity issue. You mentioned trying to reach a local IP, but how are you trying to reach it?

Openvpn, static route's, multiple SSIDs, remote, etc

Hello @daviworld , Through google web page just like the asus router gui

Oh, I actually didn't look at your screencap too closely until now, what ping is telling you is that there is currently no route to that host.
I'm assuming the Windows machine is on wifi and the server you're trying to reach is wired?
Can you double check the IP of your Windows machine and make sure it's on the same subnet?
Do you also have guest Wifi enabled? Might want to double check your Windows machine is not accidentally connected to that?

@kfp Can you double check the IP of your Windows machine and make sure it's on the same subnet? :Yes same subnet
Do you also have guest Wifi enabled? Might want to double check your Windows machine is not accidentally connected to that? No, Guest is not enable. And this PC is wired on the same network.

@kfp
upload_2018-7-9_21-20-28.png

Based off your routing table I only see your network, loopback, and multicasting. Also, since the default subnet allows up to 254 host and I don't see another network. I can only assume maybe we are missing a network or a public route.

So far I was testing using a subnet of 192.168.1.0, but couldn't reproduce the issue on my router

Can you try pinging the server device from web GUI of the router? It’s under Network Tools.

@kfp
PING 192.168.1.137 (192.168.1.137): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 192.168.1.137: seq=0 ttl=64 time=5.552 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.137: seq=1 ttl=64 time=4.774 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.137: seq=2 ttl=64 time=4.865 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.137: seq=3 ttl=64 time=5.933 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.137: seq=4 ttl=64 time=4.879 ms
--- 192.168.1.137 ping statistics ---
5 packets transmitted, 5 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 4.774/5.200/5.933 ms

That’s way too slow for a wired device, but anyways, what’s happening is before your Windows PC ping, it’ll do an ARP request and I think that’s whats failing (there has been a lot of reports of flakey broadcast between different interfaces).

That’s way too slow for a wired device, but anyways, what’s happening is before your Windows PC ping, it’ll do an ARP request and I think that’s whats failing (there has been a lot of reports of flakey broadcast between different interfaces).
@kfp if I connect wired, now I can see it and connect to it through web gui from another wired client. But I prefer to have the server wireless

@kfp if I connect wired, now I can see it and connect to it through web gui from another wired client. But I prefer to have the server wireless

Ah, so basically you’re seeing what some were experiencing (wifi to ethernet weirdness with broadcast traffic).

Try turning off the usual suspects in Professional settings under Wireless for each radio: Smart Connect, Roam Assist, Airtime Fairness

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!