What's new

Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

King of Heroes

New Around Here
I'm not sure if this should go here or in the LAN & WAN sub-board. I humbly ask that a moderator re-locate this to the proper sub-board if I have placed it in the wrong place.

I've recently moved into a new apartment. Unfortunately, I now find myself in need of a wireless adapter as using wired ethernet as I have been is not really practical given the layout of the room and the location of the coax outlets.

Its been a while since I've had to look at wireless NICs, so I was hoping to get a few suggestions as to what might be good to get. In particular, I've been looking at the Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 wireless NIC:

http://www.hwtools.net/Adapter/MP2W_6300.html
http://www.hwtools.net/Adapter/MP2H_632458.html

(I don't really know what the difference between those two is, other than the first uses a v2.13a board and the second uses a v2.2 board. I guess its the lack of the USB connection on the second one?)

The Intel wired PCI-E NIC in my desktop right now has performed very well, so I figure their wireless NICs should be just as good. Would this be a good buy? Or is too overkill/expensive for it gives you?

I currently have a D-Link DIR-655 wireless router. Though I'll very likely be upgrading to the ASUS RT-N66U Dark Knight router when it comes out, since I want something that works well with 802.11n @ 5GHz.

Interesting device - only concern I have is you would want to break out the antennas (antennae?) away from the backpanel to get better sensitivity and performance...

Attachments

• MP2W_5300H_V212_1.jpg
    MP2W_5300H_V212_1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 523

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!