What's new

Internet speed issues with Asus RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

VaultBoy

New Around Here
Hi,

I've recently upgraded my internet connection to a 1Gbps speed (1Gbps/50mbps up). I've connected the modem to my Asus AC68U router running the latest firmware and it has some problems achieving the full speed of the network. When running a speed test (speedtest.net or DSLR), I constantly get a 250Mbps download speed, and full 50Mbps upload speed. I was able to get the full speed once or twice but I mostly get the low speed. I don't have that problem when I connect the modem directly to a computer.

I don't use the firmware QoS, and all of the network cables connected to the router are pretty new (CAT5e or CAT6).

Is there a configuration or setting that blocks the router from utilizing the full internet speed?

Thanks.

Hi,

I've recently upgraded my internet connection to a 1Gbps speed (1Gbps/50mbps up). I've connected the modem to my Asus AC68U router running the latest firmware and it has some problems achieving the full speed of the network. When running a speed test (speedtest.net or DSLR), I constantly get a 250Mbps download speed, and full 50Mbps upload speed. I was able to get the full speed once or twice but I mostly get the low speed. I don't have that problem when I connect the modem directly to a computer.

I don't use the firmware QoS, and all of the network cables connected to the router are pretty new (CAT5e or CAT6).

Is there a configuration or setting that blocks the router from utilizing the full internet speed?

Thanks.
You with Rogers? Did you try factory reset router.

You do have NAT acceleration enabled, right? I think you pretty much have to for those speeds.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!