What's new

Skynet Internet speed lower with Skynet on

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

poudenes

Regular Contributor
Hi All,

Is it normal that the internet speed drops when you have Skynet on?
Here it drops from 1Gbps to 320Mbps.

If there is something I can do to improve this so the speed will go up again let me know.

Code:
Router Model; GT-AX11000
FW Version; 388.8_2 (Jul 31 2024) (4.1.51)
Skynet Version; v7.6.3 (27/07/2024)
iptables v1.4.15 - (vlan300 @ 192.168.100.1)
ipset v7.6, protocol version: 7
IP Address; (87.*.*.*)
Install Dir; /tmp/mnt/msata_swap/skynet (25.7G / 29.2G Space Available)
SWAP File; /tmp/mnt/msata_swap/myswap.swp (2.0G)

1  open     Diversion                    5.3                                                                                                                    
 2  open     Skynet                     7.6.3                                                                                                                    

5  open     scribe                     3.2.0                                                                                                                    
 6  open     x3mRouting                 2.4.5                                                                                                                    
 8  open     MerlinAU                   1.3.0                                                                                                                    

vn open     vnStat                     2.0.5                                                                                                                    
 rt open     RTRMON                    2.0.17                                                                                                                    
 bm open     BACKUPMON                 1.8.19                                                                                                                    

vr open     VPN Routing                2.1.3

AIProtection is also on. Disabled it didn't changed the speed.

Last edited:
I can saturate my symmetrical gigabit connection and get 3.3Gbps+ wirelessly using Skynet and Diversion. I hope this puts to bed any future misconception these addons can affect your network speeds. I think your issue lies elsewhere

A1dcUmm.png

Seems that AI Protaction drops the speed by half... Is there something else that I can use what will work better?

This is the speed when AIProtection, Skynet and QoS is off
1.png

This is the speed when Skynet and QoS is off:
2.png

This is the speed when QoS is off:
3.png

No, QoS and/or AiProtection does, cut my SpeedTest results in half when I run a SpeedTest on the router. Didn't impact the clients (wired or WiFi) clients don't get impacted as drastically if at all.
Yes, run a SpeedTest on the clients and not the router or take a brute force approach and withdraw "Router web GUI > Advanced settings > Administration > Privacy" and or selectively not use the features that impact your SpeedTest results when run on the router. I have found that enabling any native router function that load the BWDPI engine (AiProtection, QoS) will impact your results at the router, then again you can ignore those results and run these SpeedTest on the clients where it matters and where the CPU isn't bogged down if you want/need those features.

My AX88U 1GB Fiber 945Mbs, with AiProtect/QoS 1/2 of that. Wired client 945Mbps regularly (depending on SpeedTest server), Wireless 5Ghz/160Mhz about ~650Mbps depending on SpeedTest server

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!