What's new

Is it possible to use a Nighthawk X4 AC2350 in Bridge mode connected to an Airport Extreme tower?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JMJDave

New Around Here
Is it possible to use a Nighthawk X4 AC2350 in Bridge mode connected to an Airport Extreme tower? I can't figure it out and think it might not be possible!
Thanks,
Dave

I do not have an Airport Extreme tower but I wouldn't see why it wouldn't. Setting up the x4 bridge only required the SSID and network password when I set mine up to my x8.

Thanks! I ended up calling Netgear and after much wasted time the rep told me I won't work on a Airport Extreme, so I just returned it back to Amazon…

Is it possible to use a Nighthawk X4 AC2350 in Bridge mode connected to an Airport Extreme tower? I can't figure it out and think it might not be possible!
Thanks,
Dave

Can't "Extend" the way that Airports extend, but if the X4 supports Repeater or Bridge Mode...

Thanks! I ended up calling Netgear and after much wasted time the rep told me I won't work on a Airport Extreme, so I just returned it back to Amazon…
I actually ended up returning my R7500v2 as well. The bridge mode was buggy. The first night I setup the bridge everything worked fine. The next night I reboot my R8500 and the bridge wouldn't connect. Finally I figured out the bridge would only connect if a device on the bridge side was on. If the devices were off the bridge would never connect to the router.
The really buggy part would be that all devices connected to the bridge would show in my network map as R7500. I had 5 R7500s listed and somehow not only did it carry the name but also the MAC address of the bridge.
It was too much for me to deal with especially since I really didn't need the R7500. I just put my Asus AC68u back as a bridge and everything was back to normal. My XB1, PS4, ect showed correctly in the network map.