What's new

Is the RT-AC3200 even being updated by ASUS?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

my 3 3200 hve been running 6 months non stop without a reeboot nothing , they just keep on working , super stable still wish they would update the fw , must be some security update needed after all this time

As you say, should lack security updates at least. But again, a high end router which seems forgotten by ASUS - not OK!

The AC3200 has not been available on the USA or Singapore sites since 2017.
People on this forum have been told by ASUS support that:
AiMesh is NOT going to be available for this model and yet another forum member got the reply that AiMesh IS coming soon .
In the UK 2 major suppliers list the AC3200 as end of life, one company I queried this with replied that this end of life statement is direct from ASUS.
I asked ASUS support if this end of life statement is correct , answer given was " We have no information about this "
2 other people I know have asked ASUS support the same question and again got different answers :
1) Yes this model is ceased :
2) No this model is current and will continue to be supported.
Going on experience of other ASUS devices I have doubts we will see anything more for this model , ( I hope I am proven wrong.)
I have had other high end devices that ASUS simply failed to support , the last being the top ASUS Zenfone which they dumped without any support and refused to even reply to the customers they had left stranded.
ASUS have a lot to learn about customer relations and ethical trading.

Maybe we should all change to new TriBand Lyra Voice https://www.asus.com/Networking/Lyra-Voice/ when it comes available, at least you will be able to talk to it .......:rolleyes::D

just asked Asus if the 3200 was eol , hope to get a response soon still a great router with lots of life left , IT HANDLES 20 Clients here streamind video transfering over 60 gb of data and it never has a hiccup runs day and night , sure ope theydon`t drop support it will be hard to replace

ASUs just got back to me , AC 3200n IS NOT END OF LIFE , that they assure me so not to wORRY fFW WILL SOON BE RE;EASED

ASUs just got back to me , AC 3200n IS NOT END OF LIFE , that they assure me so not to wORRY fFW WILL SOON BE RE;EASED

And yet other people asked support about this last week and got a different answer .........

An acquaintance and his fellow directors each have multiple AC3200's for homes/home office use.

3 of them have asked ASUS support about this router, 2 were "yes it is EOL " , while one was told it's current and new firmware is coming .........

How can they not have a clue what they are actually doing ?

If it comes and has AiMesh then it looks like you'll lose the 2nd 5Ghz band which defeats the object of buying a tri-band router .

Time to start looking for a replacement router and vendor.

Last edited:
And yet other people asked support about this last week and got a different answer .........

An acquaintance and his fellow directors each have multiple AC3200's for homes/home office use.

3 of them have asked ASUS support about this router, 2 were "yes it is EOL " , while one was told it's current and new firmware is coming .........

If it comes and has AiMesh then it looks like you'll lose the 2nd 5Ghz band which defeats the object of buying a tri-band router .

i hope not ,I have 3 personal and 16 i maintain for family and freinds, hate to have to replace all of them, can you suggest a replacement 3 radio router ?

But you could use it as a competent AiMesh node, right?

Anyhow, ASUS should communicate the plans for the model (like AiMesh firmware coming soon...) so we can end all the speculation, I think they owe us that piece of information.

But you could use it as a competent AiMesh node, right?

Anyhow, ASUS should communicate the plans for the model (like AiMesh firmware coming soon...) so we can end all the speculation, I think they owe us that piece of information.
1 ask ed Asus they said FW will be along soon , new year ? hate it that I bought 2 new 3200 last month and support has been gone since buying , really let down with Asus , next time I buy business class router cost be damned

1 ask ed Asus they said FW will be along soon , new year ? hate it that I bought 2 new 3200 last month and support has been gone since buying , really let down with Asus , next time I buy business class router cost be damned

Mine is functioning perfectly fine. I won't worry about the age of the firmware until it seriously impacts either the security or functionality. Have you experienced otherwise?

I just now telephoned Asus Tech Support, Component Product Support (English) at 1-812-282-2787 and was assured, repeatedly, that both the Asus RT AC3200 and the Asus RT AC87u are currently fully supported by Asus and neither product is EOL. Both products will be receiving new firmware. I was not able to obtain a firm date of release for the firmware however it appears that reports of the death of these two routers has been greatly exaggerated. (h/t Samuel L. Clemens)

Last edited:
This the current reference, and I suspect tech support will only be quoting from that list:

https://www.asus.com/event/network/EOL-product/
thanks for the list no more speculation, a big relief , now wishthey would push the 3200 update , your last FW Still going strong for 6+months , but still must be some new security updates that are needed in that tamount of time , thanks for yor reat FW

thanks for the list no more speculation, a big relief , now wishthey would push the 3200 update , your last FW Still going strong for 6+months , but still must be some new security updates that are needed in that tamount of time , thanks for yor reat FW

I plan to run mine until it fails, barring some sort of catastrophic security issue that cannot be worked around/mitigated.

I can also confirm that a new firmware is coming up for that model.

do you happen to know if it'll be another 382 bugfix, or if it'll get on 384 with or w/o aimesh?

I don't have any additional info beside that it will bring security fixes. I suspect it will still be from the 382 branch.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online