What's new

Is there a way to switch a led to a specific colour by calling into a c program ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

elfara

New Around Here
I just want to play or control the leds of my router by implementing a c program, is this possible ?
Thanks

Anything is possible.

Depending on your router, firmware, and your scripting capabilities, maybe not.

What router? What firmware?

This is also in the completely wrong sub-forum, and with the wrong label...

Anything is possible.

Depending on your router, firmware, and your scripting capabilities, maybe not.
My router is RT-AX86U Pro but I looked at scripting for it and found nothing so I would have some advice for scripting I missed for that or a way in C to write about. Thanks

My router is RT-AX86U Pro but I looked at scripting for it and found nothing so I would have some advice for scripting I missed for that or a way in C to write about. Thanks
Again, what firmware?

Moving thread to a more appropriate location.

The router LEDs aren`t RGB, they are single colour.

Controlling them requires accessing the GPIOs or accessing the switch API, both would require access to either Broadcom's non-public documentation, or figuring out Asus' implementation for GPIO-controlled LEDs.

The router LEDs aren`t RGB, they are single colour.

Controlling them requires accessing the GPIOs or accessing the switch API, both would require access to either Broadcom's non-public documentation, or figuring out Asus' implementation

Thank you for your reply but I thought it was RGB since leds can be red for example, and that by inspecting the c code in merlin's sources concerning leds (leds-monitor) there are RGB statements so I am puzzled. Otherwise, I would have liked to have been able to make them do a back and forth effect for example after an action or notification of some kind. Maybe someone knows which API to use or have an idea to move me forward? 😊

Thank you for your reply but I thought it was RGB since leds can be red for example
The WAN LED is two separate LEDs - one red, and one white.

The RGB lighting is only on ROG models, where there is an RGB logo in addition to the regular status LEDs.