What's new

Is there a way to test the antennas?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LeKeiser

Hello all,

Might be a stupid question, but is there a way to make sure that the antennas of any router are working?
I've got a R7800, and before I had and sent back an Asus RT-AC87u, a RT-AC88u, and a R8500. I've sent them back for different reasons but that's not the question (the 88u gigabit ethernet ports went down once, had to turn off and on the router to get them back...)
I'm just wondering if there is a way to make sure that all the antennas are working, emitting or receiving, or if something is wrong, if one is down, or...

Thanx for your thoughts :)

If the product has removable antennas, remove all but one antenna and CAP the others with SMA caps.

Then move a room or two away from the router so that leaked RF from the capped connectors doesn't affect results. Try to connect a device. If it connects, antenna is working. If not, it isn't.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!