What's new

Is Wireless Roaming a Standard Feature?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Don't the C7's have some firmware issues relating to wireless client associations of certain devices? Did they correct?

Don't get a C7.

2.4 GHz performance is significantly worse than an amped wireless device it was supposed to replace.

5ghz is okay but not spectacular.

Mine is going back.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I still have the amped; I think it's the r10000. I was looking to upgrade to 802.11ac but I'll just wait until I have an AC device or two now ;)

The Archer c7 has lower signal levels and very poor throughput in the 2.4 GHz band.

Added on edit:

Another user in the C7 specific thread had a pointer to a new beta which does have better throughput on the 2.4 GHz radio.

Roughly comparable to the Amped now.

Last edited:
I still have the amped; I think it's the r10000. I was looking to upgrade to 802.11ac but I'll just wait until I have an AC device or two now ;)

The Archer c7 has lower signal levels and very poor throughput in the 2.4 GHz band.

Added on edit:

Another user in the C7 specific thread had a pointer to a new beta which does have better throughput on the 2.4 GHz radio.

Roughly comparable to the Amped now.

Same WiFi channel in use?

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!