What's new

Isolating XAVB5001

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

headrat

New Around Here
Hi,

So I'm using the XAVB5001 successfully upstairs on one ring main, the problem I've got is when I plug in an adapter downstairs it tries try and connect to the ones upstairs and the throughput is terrible.

Lounge (Ring 1)
XAVB5001 (Lounge, wired connection)
XAVB5001 (Lounge, XAVB5001 plugged in to other site of room)

Upstairs (Ring 2)
XAVB5001 (Bedroom 1, wired connection)
XAVB5001 (Bedroom 1, XAVB5001 plugged in to other site of room)
XAVB5001 (Bedroom2)
XAVB5001(Bedroom 3)

is there any way to logically separate the adapters so they can't see each other over the house wiring.

I basically want Lounge/Upstairs not to "see" each other, I've got wiring to facilitate the communication between upstairs and the downstairs lounge.

Thanks HEADRAT

I guess you can set different passwords to ring 1 and ring 2 using the Netgear Powerline Utility.

For some reason the encryption key didn't take first time, I've now reset the key and it's all working fine.

Getting between 20/25MBps (160/200Mbps) real world so more than enough to stream multiple 1080p MKVs :)

HEADRAT

To be clear, the XAVB5001 is not a device. Rather, the XAVB5001 is a kit with two XAV5001 adaptors... right?

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!