What's new

Issues with Asus RT-AC68U and Xbox one

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mcbutler1s

New Around Here
Hello everyone, I'm new to the site. I have a brand spanking new Asus RT-AC68U. I'm getting great speeds on my Nexus 6 and my Laptop, but on my xbox one I'm barely getting a mb of bandwidth. I've tried basic troubleshooting with no luck and have spent hours trying to find a fix.

I am happy to provide additional information.

Thanks,

Matt

Suggest to upgrade the firmware to the latest RMerlin version.

If you wait a few hours, I would to install the 376.49_5 version with the latest security fix.

http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?t=7846

Just check the link above until _5 appears if you want to wait. :)

Is it hard to install this firmware and what's the diff from the stock firmware. I don't have that routets but I do have the Asus RT-AC66U and speeds are not the greatest on the Xbox one and somtimes the NAT is strict.

Yes I agree, sometimes my NAT will turn to moderate or strict, even though I have UPnP enabled. I have recently updated the router to 3.0.0.4.378.3813. This was an issue before updating the firmware and still an issue after.

I have the xbox wired to the router using a cat6 ethernet cable. My router and modem are next to my xbox, but I wouldn't think that would be an issue if it's wired.

My IPS is 100mbs download and 4.5 upload.

I have recently updated the router to 3.0.0.4.378.3813. with no change in bandwidth distributed to the xbox. Still experience extreme latency and packet lost, even though my xbox is wired.

From what I heard its somthing to do with the Xbox one not your router somthing to do with the one console when it goes on to sleep mode that's what I was told but don't know.

Do you have any further informatin on this or another thread you can share? I've tried energy saving mode with no change in bandwidth.

To McButler1s: Check out this thread and give the suggested fix a try: http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showpost.php?p=87389&postcount=4

To Lethasniper: Why is it hard for you to upgrade/downgrade your firmware? Just download the particular firmware you want to your computer, extract the files (unzip it), and then go to Administration-->Firmware Upgrade, and select the particular .trx file and upload it to your router. Easy-peasy. Be sure to do a factory reset if you are jumping more than 3 or 4 iterations of firmware.

BTW, to both of you, firmware versions can be found at Merlin's Tower (just Google it), for Merlin's stuff, at the Asus Support site for official versions (do not just rely on the automatic "check" the router does...it's better to actually download separately and then install yourself), or look for John's Merlin 374 Fork here in the forums (it's a sticky).