What's new

Issues with Firefox?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

5mall5nail5

Regular Contributor
So first I had a bunch of issues with the router w/ Merlin firmware saying settings changed, blah blah, try again within Firefox. Now it says "Firefox is in Offline Mode" (which it clearly isn't because I can post on this forum). Is there known issues with the firmware and Firefox?

No.

I think you may need to provide a little more info than you have - router model, firmware version etc. to get any more meaningful reply than above.

So first I had a bunch of issues with the router w/ Merlin firmware saying settings changed, blah blah, try again within Firefox. Now it says "Firefox is in Offline Mode" (which it clearly isn't because I can post on this forum). Is there known issues with the firmware and Firefox?

By any chance are you being redirected to the URL "find-device.local"

I may be referring to another bug but it looks something along the lines of this;

http://puu.sh/aAsx3/4bc1baac50.png

I may be referring to another bug but it looks something along the lines of this;

Yep, I've got that one before.

What I get now is https://[mysub].asuscomm.com:8443 results in FF saying "Offline mode

Firefox is currently in offline mode and can't browse the Web.

Press "Try Again" to switch to online mode and reload the page."

When I pop it into IE I have to accept the certicicate as expected.

This is on an AC-66U running 374.43 (Merlin build)

If I put Firefox into "New Private Window" it'll work. It leads me to think its a cookie issue but I've cleared my cookies and this happens again and again.

I have the same router and firmware. Using Mozilla browser and without incident.
Try uninstalling Mozilla and starting again with a clean installation.

Last edited:
I would except it does it on 4 different PCs on and off network

I agree, there's no point in re-installing your browser as its not browser specific. I usually clear my cache and/or reboot and the problem eventually goes away.

Hi,
I've been having an issue where I get redirected to the URL "find-device.local" when I try to go to 192.168.1.1. This seemed to start happening when I upgraded the firmware on my asus rt-ac66u. This is the only search result I've found mentioning the "find-device.local" problem. Can you point me in the right direction to stop these errant redirections?

KevTech that fixes most problems, not all if I read the opening statement correctly on the link.:D

I had that exact issue (redirect to "find-device.local") with my Asus RT66U (latest original firmware).

It's all about the cache that is set by the router after you change its IP address or port or scheme. I changed from HTTP to HTTPS and that's probably why this happened. Also totally forgot about that and was wondering why I couldn't access it using HTTP anymore, but HTTPS on port 8443 worked in Private Browsing Mode (that's how I figured it must be a problem of localStorage and/or cache).

If you don't want to reset your whole Firefox installation, you can just go to History --> All History and search for your router's IP (top right corner). Right-click the site and tell Firefox to forget all history for that site.

Sorry for my bad english, i speak french!

So, is not just with Merlin firmware, with the original firmware, is not working to for make and save new setup with firefox quantum, Chrome not work to, only internet explorer working, i dont know why, my last router RT-N66U working well with firefox, i dont know if one fix exist for firefox or one adon ?
When i trying one new setup (under firefox) i push "apply" and "apply" not working

and the trick with "Do you need offline-cache ? You could just turn it OFF" , not working for RT-AC86U !
Its little idiot by ASUS, because microsoft not support internet explorer now !
=========================================================
With "refrech firefox" on ------» Support mozilla admin routeur set page, "apply" work now, so i have little mesage bla bla , i need click cancel, each time, but "apply" working

Last edited: