What's new

YazFi Issues with YazFi - Gnuton - RT-AX58U_V2 3004.388.7_1-gnuton1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

novusB

Occasional Visitor
While having family over for the weekend before the holiday, I tried to use YazFi to setup a guest network on 2.4 so that my little cousins and siblings could use an open SSID for their tablets and phones. When enabling my guest network on 2.4, it worked just fine. Once trying to edit my YazFi settings, such as assigning a network address the settings would not save at all. Tried to uninstall and reinstall to no avail.

Once trying to edit my YazFi settings, such as assigning a network address the settings would not save at all. Tried to uninstall and reinstall to no avail.
Were any specific errors indicated when you tried to save the settings or when uninstalling?
How were you making the changes? Using the Router GUI or using the YazFi CLI?
Do you have JFFS custom scripts and configs enabled in the router GUI?

PS: Gnuton fork isn't indicated as a supported firmware so its unknown how it will work.
https://github.com/jackyaz/YazFi
Supported firmware versions
Core YazFi features
You must be running firmware no older than:
Asuswrt-Merlin 384.5
john9527 fork 374.43_32D6j9527

The developer of YazFi indicated the following several years ago in another discussion:
YazFi does this, though I'm unsure if it will work on gnuton
Note that YazFi's developer is no longer active in developing YazFI.

Last edited: