What's new

Kamoj Kamoj add-on V5 for Netgear R7800 X4S and R9000 X10

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thank you, and extra thanks for the picture.:)

I don't know what issue you got into. DNSCrypt has changed a lot lately. Voxel firmware has changed a lot too.
If you are interested in testing the beta 5.3 you can PM me, or first have a look what it is about here:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/kamoj-add-on-5-1-beta-testing-poll.62315/

hello,

I had to factory reset(dnscrypt was working fine for many months) my R7800 recently and I am trying to find out why dnscrypt is not working for me after many attempts of reinstalling and configuring voxels firmware .77SF and this amazing add-on. When i go to enable dnscrpyt setting the gui reverts to "none" and dns leak tests confirm this. Is there something that i am missing? Thanks

pic for reference if it helps

https://ibb.co/TPyYnsB

hello,

I had to factory reset(dnscrypt was working fine for many months) my R7800 recently and I am trying to find out why dnscrypt is not working for me after many attempts of reinstalling and configuring voxels firmware .77SF and this amazing add-on. When i go to enable dnscrpyt setting the gui reverts to "none" and dns leak tests confirm this. Is there something that i am missing? Thanks

pic for reference if it helps

https://ibb.co/TPyYnsB
When you click on Dnscrypt v2, does a black dot appear momentarily and then immediately revert to "None"?

If yes, go to the Kamoj "Settings" page. Click on any of the check boxes (at the top). Do the check marks "stick" or do they appear momentarily and then disappear? Next, scroll down a bit (still on the Settings page) and click on the "Show" button next to "WiFi info" (or actually on ANY of the "show" buttons). What happens?

Hello and thank you for you response

When you click on Dnscrypt v2, does a black dot appear momentarily and then immediately revert to "None"?
Yes

If yes, go to the Kamoj "Settings" page. Click on any of the check boxes (at the top). Do the check marks "stick" or do they appear momentarily and then disappear?
Yes they stick

Next, scroll down a bit (still on the Settings page) and click on the "Show" button next to "WiFi info" (or actually on ANY of the "show" buttons). What happens?[/QUOTE]
I select the button called "run" and it shows some info such as
2020-06-11 15:57:08
###2.4G###
Unknown 34:6f:92:09:f8:9c 56Mbps -34dBm

Last edited:
Hello and thank you for you response

Yes

If yes, go to the Kamoj "Settings" page. Click on any of the check boxes (at the top). Do the check marks "stick" or do they appear momentarily and then disappear?
Yes

Next, scroll down a bit (still on the Settings page) and click on the "Show" button next to "WiFi info" (or actually on ANY of the "show" buttons). What happens?

I select the button called "run" and it shows some info such as
2020-06-11 15:57:08
###2.4G###
Unknown 34:6f:92:09:f8:9c 56Mbps -34dBm
I wish that I had a solution for you. I have the same issue (which you can read about in the beta thread). @kamoj has made several attempts to fix it, but none has been successful. He indicated that I was the only one who reported it. Now I can advise that I am NOT the only one to have experienced this. That is of particular comfort to me. ;-)

In the beta builds, two of the Kamoj pages work fine, Router Information and Bandwidth. All of the other pages have functions that don't work for me (though they work for Kamoj and others). It appears that the Kamoj pages may need to inherit user validation from the @Voxel firmware, and it either isn't being sent and or isn't being recognized as received. That is just a guess on my part, of course.

One evening, I got everything to work for 4 hours (it either all works or it doesn't; there is no middle ground). And then, without my making any changes whatsoever, the problematic Kamoj pages stopped working. I assume that there is a 4-hour timer that killed it, but I don't know what it is.

When you did a factory reset, did you upgrade the firmware at the same time? If yes, what was the most recent Voxel firmware that played nice with the Kamoj add-on? Have you tried to revert to it?

How did you do the factory reset? Physically (the button on the back of the router)? Via the NG/Voxel firmware? Or via Telnet commands?

hey

When you did a factory reset, did you upgrade the firmware at the same time? If yes, what was the most recent Voxel firmware that played nice with the Kamoj add-on? Have you tried to revert to it?
I have not tried to revert it to a previous voxel firmware. I must have factory reverted it many times with the small button behind router and through the GUI(long story short my internet was not working and i was losing my mind, so i tried everything many times. It turned out that xfinity had to come to my house and replace the cable outside my house). I have been on .77SF for about a week now

How did you do the factory reset? Physically (the button on the back of the router)? Via the NG/Voxel firmware? Or via Telnet commands?[/QUOTE]
Through GUI and button, not through telnet

I am going to try the beta 5.3 shortly to see if that fixes it. If not, then i will just have to deal with no dnscrypt until a fix comes around

regardless i am very thankful for this forum and firmware

Reactions: KW.
If I read the response of @eevanskiteboards, then my conclusion is that he has a different issue (his checkboxes do stick, and his wifi info button does work).
So you still seem to be the only one with the issue.
I don't believe you read the response of @eevanskiteboards correctly, at least not as to his first answer re: Dnscrypt v2. I agree that his results on the Settings page are consistent with what should be expected (while mine are not).

Last edited:
Hi Kamoj,

Can you add me for beta testing, please?
I've got R7800 and would like to test your latest add-on - it looks really great.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Fanek

I have an R7800 running Voxel FW. Tried out the add-on yesterday and it looks really cool. Wanted to try the new v5.3. Can I please get a link to this beta, for the R7800?

Where are the .OPVN profiles stored? I want to try manually deleting the profiles.

I am unable to delete the profiles listed through router UI (from Kamoj Addon: OpenVPN Client page). Several profiles are listed under Delete OpenVPN Client Configuration(s) and I am able to select one one or more in the list. However, when the Delete Selected .opvn file(s) button is selected it does go grey like it's working but the list repopulates with same profiles listed.

I have tried uninstalling V5 add-on, installing new Voxel firmware and then reinstalling V5 add-on but the profiles are still in the list and delete continues to fail.

Any help is appreciated.

Quick update:

Attempted to read existing .opvn file and then save but it creates a new profile with same name but with .opvn extension. The newly created profile can be seleted and correctly deleted. The profiles that cannot be deleted are listed without the .ovpn extension.

I want to delete all profiles and start over adding new profiles. Disappointed the profiles persisted through an uninstall and then a firmware update. Worried the profiles are somehow corrupt and now permanent.

FYI... I did uninstall V5 and install the latest 5.1 beta which I ran for a few hours before uninstalling and then updating Voxel firmware before reinstalling V5 again. Could the install of the 5.1 beta impacted the profiles? I expected the profiles to be removed as part of the uninstall so I never thought to check if they persisted in the 5.1 beta. I only worked with the newer functions and never got around to trying the VPN within the 5.1 beta.

As always... any help is truly appreciated. And this does not diminish the awesomeness of the Voxel firmware and Kamoj Add-on for my Netgear R7800. It is truly amazing and generous such extended functionality and improved performance is available. THANK YOU!

Found it!

Found post in myopenrouter about Voxel firmware that listed location " /etc/openvpn/config/client"

Quick rm * from Telnet killed all the profile and all is well. :)

@kamoj Here's an interesting one. When I use your router menu to look up the router information, somehow it is set at 1 second and auto refresh. I cannot untick the box nor change the time (clicking OK does nothing).

How can I turn off auto refresh or make the time interval longer to actual see the information?

I would also like to increase the fan speed in my router as I am noticing that the temperature is hovering above 70C. When I try to adjust the thermal fan settings in your menu, I get the following error:

400 Bad Request
This server does not support the operation requested by your client.

Any ideas on this as well?

Thanks for the help, as always!

From router shell/command prompt:

Code:
nvram unset kamoj_router_info_autorefresh_onoff
nvram set kamoj_router_info_autorefresh_time=20
nvram commit

About the fan setting:
(I don't have an R9000, and this issue is only for that router). To solve it:
Uninstall the add-on and set fan speed. Then install add-on again - if you still use it.
You need to reboot but no settings are lost.

Or you can apply for add-on beta testing:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/kamoj-add-on-5-1-beta-testing-poll.62315/

@kamoj The fan speed setting is included with the beta? I'll apply in the linked thread.

Just FYI, I am using two, R7800s.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online