What's new

Kernel question on 382.2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

feranick

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I am testing 382.2_beta1 on the AC68. It's still running on the 2.6.36 kernel. Is this to be expected? I thought it was migrating to the newer 4.1.xxx series...

Thanks very much

Hi, I am testing 382.2_beta1 on the AC68. It's still running on the 2.6.36 kernel. Is this to be expected? I thought it was migrating to the newer 4.1.xxx series...

Thanks very much

The 4.x kernel is only on newer devices like the AC86U as its tied to the Broadcom SDK.

The kernel isn't tied to the firmware version, it's tied to the hardware. Kernels never get upgraded for a specific model.

RT-AC87U shares the same Broadcom architecture as the RT-AC68U, so it's using 2.6.36 for the Broadcom side (and 2.6.35 I think for the Quantenna firmware - I forgot the exact revision, but it's close to that).