What's new

LED control and amtm 4.9

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

HorseCalledHorse

Regular Contributor
I'm having issues running the LED control script on my RT-AX86U Pro, which began after I updated amt to 4.9. I use the dynamic scheduler for sunrise and sunset, which had been working perfectly. Now, every time it updates the scheduler from weather.com (Tuesdays and Saturdays), it sets the wrong time for sunrise for my city (Sydney, ASXX0112): usually 4am, sometimes 3am, when it should be 7am. A manual update of the schedule will sometimes set it to the right time, but not all the time. I've tried removing and reinstalling the script and changing to different nearby city codes, but still the problem remains. Is the issue solely with weather.com?

I've switched to using a manual schedule, but would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this.

Same issue here on RT-AC86U, also working fine until I updated to amtm v4.9.

The only difference is my weather.com location (Perth, ASXX0089), otherwise the symptoms are identical.

Same issue here on RT-AC86U, also working fine until I updated to amtm v4.9.

The only difference is my weather.com location (Perth, ASXX0089), otherwise the symptoms are identical.
Thanks for chiming in, pinkgrae. That's really good to know.

At first I thought it must be a one-off, with the information pulled from weather.com being wrong. But I wonder if the script is changing the information in some way.

I had weird things happening when I first upgraded amtm. I had LED control active when I upgraded to 4.9 which broke it - the LEDs wouldn't stay off. If you look at the release notes for amtm 4.9 there was a change to the way LED control is installed.
For other reasons I had to factory reset the router and reinstall everything, and since then LED control has worked fine.
Have you tried removing and reinstalling the script? If you have then I feel the only way to fix it is a reset.

I had weird things happening when I first upgraded amtm. I had LED control active when I upgraded to 4.9 which broke it - the LEDs wouldn't stay off. If you look at the release notes for amtm 4.9 there was a change to the way LED control is installed.
For other reasons I had to factory reset the router and reinstall everything, and since then LED control has worked fine.
Have you tried removing and reinstalling the script? If you have then I feel the only way to fix it is a reset.
Yeah, I did see the release notes and wondered if it could be related. But again, I initially thought it must have been an issue on weather.com's end.

I have removed and reinstalled the script and it didn't solve the issue.

Removing and reinstalling the script doesn't work for me either so I'll stick with a manual schedule.

Just to clarify: the issue only affects sunrise time, the script is pulling sunset time correctly.

Removing and reinstalling the script doesn't work for me either so I'll stick with a manual schedule.

Just to clarify: the issue only affects sunrise time, the script is pulling sunset time correctly.
Yes, this is exactly the same situation for me. I should have spelled that out. Sunset times are correct, but sunrise times are not.

They must have changed their website code, once again. Will look into it when time allows but I‘m far away from home and no router with me.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!