What's new

amtm "LED control": Reverse on/off when time is dynamic

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

decedion

Occasional Visitor
I have installed the "LED control" (lc) script using dynamic time because where I live (Denmark) the light/dark period changes a lot during the year. I have also coupled this with the AURA RGB.
But the problem is that this script in dynamic mode decides that the AURA/leds turn on during the day and turn off during the night and does not allow to change it. Why not allow to change this default behavior? Actually making this change would be very simple.

I have installed the "LED control" (lc) script using dynamic time because where I live (Denmark) the light/dark period changes a lot during the year. I have also coupled this with the AURA RGB.
But the problem is that this script in dynamic mode decides that the AURA/leds turn on during the day and turn off during the night and does not allow to change it. Why not allow to change this default behavior? Actually making this change would be very simple.
Typically, the LED Control functionality has been used to darken the LEDs at night when the router is installed in a place where people sleep, as to not disturb them with bright, sometimes flashing LEDs. How are you intending to use this?

Typically, the LED control feature has been used to darken the LEDs at night when the router is installed in a place where people sleep, so as not to disturb them with bright, sometimes flashing LEDs. How do you want to use this?
I know, I didn't need this clarification but it is appreciated. ;)

In my case it is for a practical issue. Where I have installed the router I want to take advantage of AURA RGB (I don't care about the LEDs) to make ambient light at night.

I know, I didn't need this clarification but it is appreciated. ;)

In my case it is for a practical issue. Where I have installed the router I want to take advantage of AURA RGB (I don't care about the LEDs) to make ambient light at night.
So... If you enable both LEDs and Aura RGB once via the router web UI, and then enable LED Control script using dynamic schedule, it will turn LEDs on/off, but leave Aura RGB on (as long as you do not Enable Aura RGB coupling).

So... If you enable both LEDs and Aura RGB once via the router web UI, and then enable LED Control script using dynamic schedule, it will turn LEDs on/off, but leave Aura RGB on (as long as you do not Enable Aura RGB coupling).

English is not my native language and maybe I am expressing myself wrong or you have not used this functionality.

Aura RGB Coupling is enabled. But, I repeat, in case I have not been understood in my previous posts: using Dynamic time it is not possible to indicate when I want it to be on and when it is off.
In Static time mode I can indicate when I want it to be on and when I want it to be off, why in dynamic mode it decides that day = ON and night = OFF? Maybe this is usual for those who use this functionality but allowing the user to decide is very simple.

Please disable Aura RGB coupling, and see if it functions as you want it to.

Please disable Aura RGB coupling, and see if it functions as you want it to.
(rude comment removed. -rm). Maybe this screenshot will help you:
Captura de pantalla 2024-06-09 a las 15.25.43.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I do use the functionality on multiple routers and AiMesh nodes. Moreover, I proposed the Aura RGB enhancement to @thelonelycoder, and I worked hand-in-hand with him to test the functionality during development. The two of us overcame the pitfalls of remote testing as he did not have an Aura RGB capable device of his own.

That being said, I believe that you are misunderstanding the Aura RGB coupling setting. It needs to be disabled to do what you want.
  • When you enable it, and the script turns off LEDs, it will also turn off the Aura RGB.
  • When you disable it, and the script turns off LEDs, the Aura RGB remains on.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Forget about Aura RGB for a moment.
When Dynamic time is on: During the day the LEDs are on and during the night they are off. Is this correct?

When Dynamic time is on: During the day the LEDs are on and during the night they are off. Is this correct?
Yes!

That is the reason and intention of the LED control script: To turn off LEDs (and if you couple it) the Aura lights at night.
Do as @Crimliar suggests, use a city that’s half way across the earth on the same latitude as yours is.

Yeah, nothing new under the sun. Knowing this is not the motivation for opening this thread. I already know how it currently works.

I autoquote my first message:
...this script in dynamic mode decides that the AURA/leds turn on during the day and turn off during the night and does not allow to change it. Why not allow to change this default behavior?

What I don't understand are all the messages from @visortgw when I think we are all clear on how this functionality is working now.

The "solution" of looking for a city on the other side of the planet to invert the functionality is a bit far-fetched when it would be as simple as adding an option to invert the ON/OFF option in dynamic mode.

Yeah, nothing new under the sun. Knowing this is not the motivation for opening this thread. I already know how it currently works.

I autoquote my first message:

What I don't understand are all the messages from @visortgw when I think we are all clear on how this functionality is working now.
Simple misunderstanding of what you were trying to do.

The "solution" of looking for a city on the other side of the planet to invert the functionality is a bit far-fetched when it would be as simple as adding an option to invert the ON/OFF option in dynamic mode.
Treating members on this forum with respect and asking nicely for a feature that only a few on this planet need or want would have helped.
Case is closed for me.

Asus recently implemented a Night Mode, however I don't know if it only handles RGB, or also the main LED display (I only briefly tested it while working on something else).

@Ripshod I don't think saying that is being disrespectful (unless you are very thin skinned). After 5 messages repeating the same thing in different ways... Responses are appreciated, but especially when the one responding takes the time to read the message to the one responding. ;)

Asus recently implemented a Night Mode, however I don't know if it only handles RGB, or also the main LED display (I only briefly tested it while working on something else).

Where is this mode, in the webUI admin or in the mobile application?

Where is this mode, in the webUI admin or in the mobile application?
It's on the AuraRGB tab of the GT-BE98_PRO. I think it's new to 3006, no idea if it's present on non-RGB models that were moved to 3006.

@Ripshod I don't think saying that is being disrespectful (unless you are very thin skinned).
I edited your post and removed the offending bit. Please be nice to people who are trying to help. If you don't find them helpful, then just not responding to them would be a better option.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online