What's new

Linksys EA8500 Network Map / Internet Usage

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jbodine74

Regular Contributor
I just bought this router yesterday and so far so good. It is faster than my two 6th Gen Airport Extremes that were set up wirelessly extended. I did notice in the firmware that there is a Network Map which is nice. But, I see on other Linksys routers that in the Network Map there is a tab for Internet Usage. I would like to have that. Where did that go and/or why would they get rid of that?

I just bought this router yesterday and so far so good. It is faster than my two 6th Gen Airport Extremes that were set up wirelessly extended. I did notice in the firmware that there is a Network Map which is nice. But, I see on other Linksys routers that in the Network Map there is a tab for Internet Usage. I would like to have that. Where did that go and/or why would they get rid of that?

Being this router is new and network maps can be flaky maybe that feature will be added in a future code release just a guess though.

Network Map in the GUI was one of the major pain points/instability factors on the WRT1900ac, fwiw...

Seems like Linksys/Belkin took the right path this time perhaps..

Belief Bias or True Facts? Spend big bucks on something new, it must be better, right?

If you're repeating a network, even on Airports, there is an impact - consider one on one, and with a similar client.

Show some numbers...

New and over priced isn't better. I just bought a Sony 4K 3D tv for $2,800 and screen died in 2 months. Returned it for an LG 4K 3D tv and it looked great in the store but at home the back lighting was horrible. Taking that back now. LOL!

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!