What's new

Linksys EA9500 vs WRT3200ACM

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

both are reviewed here on SNB

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wire...stream-ac5400-mu-mimo-gigabit-router-reviewed

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wire...-ac3200-mu-mimo-gigabit-wi-fi-router-reviewed

plus there are the comparison charts as well

prob best to do some reading and make your own mind up

i will tell you the wrt3200acm is a good idea but before its time and you would be wasting money on something you cant currently use to its best

the ea9500 is prob up there amongst the best around in the ac class that is capable of being used to its best and has great coverage

but like all the other BHR ( big honking routers ) there is very little between them in hardware and coverage and its the firmware and gui that sets them apart

so look at the various manufactures and their gui and featureset as its just about the only thing of great difference these days

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a EA9500 and I will be receiving a WRT3200ACM to test. The only key things I am aware of the ACM has over the 9500. Faster cpu 1.8 vs 1.4, more ram 256mb vs 512mb and 160Mhz. The cpu and ram are the big factors. Really curious if those are going to come into play vs the 9500.

I don't know if its placebo or what. This WRT3200ACM just seems better and more faster. I had the EA9500 up for a week with no issues at all. I am doing the same with this WRT3200ACM as well before I review it. I don't know if its the faster cpu and more ram coming into play or what. I also have the matching high gain antennas from Linksys hooked up to it as well. Range seems better on 5GHz compared to the EA9500. Regardless. The EA9500 will still be going back into service. I can take more advantage of it. Like you said though. The WRT3200ACM is more future proof.

In a perfect world - the best combo for Linksys would be the WRT base with the QCA9984 WiFi chipsets... (4*4:4 MU, and they also support HT160)

The EA9500 with it's band steering is a joke. Wifi is horrible. When I separate the 2 bands the wifi improves. We talked about the RAM in Tim's review. Why Linksys only put 256MB of RAM in their flagship router is beyond me. Every company is now putting 512MB of RAM as standard on their high end routers. I'll be receiving the WRT3200ACM soon for testing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online