What's new

Linksys WRT1900AC - product future

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sure, thanks.

I appreciate the help. I guess the takeaway is that Linksys is going to do something vis a vis the WRT1900AC - version2 hardware or new model, or newer firmware. Wish I knew what to do.

Sure, thanks.

I appreciate the help. I guess the takeaway is that Linksys is going to do something vis a vis the WRT1900AC - version2 hardware or new model, or newer firmware. Wish I knew what to do.

If you Own it, keep it, it stock firmwar sure will see better days, if you want to buy one, I LOUDLY SAID YOU: NO, DONT BUY THIS, wait for linksys to release an revised version (maybe same form factor with new internals friendly to opensource community), actually the current WRT1900AC its an big mistake from Linksys, while they latter intended market its good and deserves a product with features like this, but they failed miserably with the drivers (blame to Marvel) they must get a warranty from marvel on the availability of its software license as opensource compatible, they didnt and Marvel decided to go kamikaze and kill its family product after being reluctant to negotiate an opensource friendly license for its radio drivers (a thin I consider must be a basic rule on every electronic device).

So Marvel drivers license killed the possibility for this excellent hardware to become the next *must have* of every network saavy user.

Linksys must have learned the lesson, and I think they didnt give up on the purpose to provide a Top-feature router to the Opensource community, since they just launched an switch designed to be partner of the WRT1900AC form factor, sure they are working on a sucessor w/o opensource restrictions.

Last edited:
Things changed for good, now seems the WRT1950AC Will have an second chance since Marvell released open-source drivers for it allowing formal developing from Openwrt and DD-WRT.