What's new

Log Visited url from a client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

titojusto

New Around Here
Hi friends:
I have a query that I can hopefully guide. I need to know which websites are visiting my little girl from her laptop. The purpose of this is to see which websites she is seeing and to guide her in case some urls are not the most appropriate for her, a little girl (I'm not very fond of applying parental control and enforce prohibition of sites), but maybe it's useful see history's visited ...
Perhaps with some jffs script that runs daily, where I can to indicate the fixed ip assigned to her laptop, and records can be stored in some log, etc ....

I'll appreciate your help.

Greetings.

Why not visiting the history on the browser instead?

You need a proxy server running on the router.

Or an RT-AC87U. The RT-AC87U keeps a list of visited websites. This feature should eventually trickle down to the RT-AC56 and RT-AC68.

Another option is running Tomato, which also comes with a visited website history. However I'm not sure if that feature works correctly on ARM-based routers yet.

However you don't specify which router you own, so we can't advise you for sure. RT-N56 isn't supported by Tomato, for example.

With respect to view the history of visits, it's true, I could be see her browsing history, but my idea was to do it in background, without need to request her laptop... and with this, I can see logs directly into the router ... but it's just an idea.

proxy ?, I was thinking the idea, but not if it can be done from the router ... but if I haven't other way, I must to create a VM with a proxy out there :eek:

Or an RT-AC87U. The RT-AC87U keeps a list of visited websites. This feature should eventually trickle down to the RT-AC56 and RT-AC68.

Another option is running Tomato, which also comes with a visited website history. However I'm not sure if that feature works correctly on ARM-based routers yet.

However you don't specify which router you own, so we can't advise you for sure. RT-N56 isn't supported by Tomato, for example.

would be great that to flow it to lower versions. I have an RT-AC68U model ...;):D

although the initial example is to see the hitorial of visited URLs, the idea is to make general level reports about visited websites or other similar, to use this format ... capicci? :cool:

I appreciate your comments. Thank you both.

Best regards!

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!