What's new

Looking for a 10Gbps wired router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have a few Netgate 6100 appliances for business use. For home use you can build your own router/firewall cheaper. It can be much faster than all of the mentioned so far hardware. For true 10GbE processing better go with high clock x86 CPU and pfSense/OPNsense OS.

I have a few Netgate 6100 appliances for business use. For home use you can build your own router/firewall cheaper. It can be much faster than all of the mentioned so far hardware. For true 10GbE processing better go with high clock x86 CPU and pfSense/OPNsense OS.
Thanks, I have, indeed, been thinking about building my own router, though I am having trouble finding a barebone computer that is small enough to hang onto a wall where my present router resides. Recommendations welcome.

How about
The older one is cheaper, but has WiFI.

How about
The older one is cheaper, but has WiFI.
Spec-wise, the 322 sounds AMAZING! EXACTLY what I have been looking for! Reviews on Amazon, however, are a downer. I will, nevertheless, order one asap, and test it.

Excellent find! Many thanks for the recommendation!!!

Spec-wise, the 322 sounds AMAZING! EXACTLY what I have been looking for! Reviews on Amazon, however, are a downer. I will, nevertheless, order one asap, and test it.

Excellent find! Many thanks for the recommendation!!!
Well, at least it's not a DIY piece of kit and it comes with support.

These guys did a "review" a year and a half ago.

Well, at least it's not a DIY piece of kit and it comes with support.

These guys did a "review" a year and a half ago.

Thanks, I saw that review. It's more of an unboxing and a parade of specs rather than an actual "put it through its paces" kind of thing. I would have loved to see a few benchmarks, to see if it indeed delivers on the promised 10Gbps throughput (or something close). Anyway I have already ordered one. Will keep you posted. I am currently looking closely at the EAP783 for an access point to accompany the 322, and let me know if you have any thoughts about that.

Thanks again!

Last edited: