What's new

Looking for a new router to achieve 150mbps constantly.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

awaisuk

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

Looking for a new router to achieve 150mbps constantly. My router is placed 15meters from where my laptop is placed. In between there is a wall which slows down the speed alot.

Currently I am using ASUS RTN66U and I get 60mbps all the time on 5ghz on my Intel 6200 card in my laptop. I tried all the settings and it is not the router, but the wall in between that is slowing down speeds. If I stand in front of the router, I get full speeds. And as I come back to where my laptop is placed, speeds decrease.

Do I need an AC Router to solve my issues? Do I need something else? If I get an AC Router I would need to get an AC Card I assume. Any recommendations?

Thanks for your help.

No matter what you buy you will still have the wall between your router and laptop. What is the wall made out of? I have wood and sheet rock walls and get full speed no matter where I am in my 2 story home. 2.4GHz will pass through a wall much better than the 5GHz band.

Many routers are supported speeds of 150mbps. I'd recommend an Huawei B880 4G router or if you don't care too much about the max throughput, a TP-LINK for much cheaper. Do you have a wall, I think you would need one pair of antennas, it will make your wireless signal becomes stronger.